Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Saturday

It's a beautiful day here in Ann Arbor. Early this morning I went to the Farmer's Market and then over to Zingerman's for an iced espresso and cream. Heaven. It was my lucky day as the bread special was Green Olive Paesano bread - a rustic Italian loaf studded with chunks of green olives. This is only available a couple days a year and today was one of them! We'll have that and salad for dinner.

Next we took our house guest Otto and his best pal Gibby to the dog park. They spent an hour or so exploring the place.Lucky dogs!

After all the dog and people chores I will settle down with my hand quilting. This is the Kansas City Star BOM for 2012, which will be revealed in January. For now - here is a tiny peek.
Thanks for all the iPhone app suggestions in the last post! I have already downloaded several of them. The photos today (and probably from now on) were taken with the iPhone. Not Ansel Adams, but I'm happy. Very user friendly moving from phone to blog, I must say. And.... I noticed on Google Reader this week that we lost two followers after the iPhone post - "Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Blackberry. Please forgive me".

No worries, we picked up those and a few more since then. The more the merrier!

Laurie

17 comments:

Karen said...

I look forward to seeing more of the quilt you pictured here today! Very pretty.

Enjoy that bread with your dinner salad!

Karen

pdudgeon said...

gosh you have the nicest stuff located there in Ann Arbor. thanks for taking us along on the tour!

Wendy said...

The bread sounds wonderful, love all olives.....Have a great weekend.
Wendy

Carol said...

I just love that you hand quilt everything. I did that when I first started quilting, but with a full time job and lots of quilt ideas I gave it up. Now that I am retired I am considering it again. But have a backlog of nearly finished tops and I could never get them done. May just pick one to do.... Anyway, you inspire me. AND I love all your fabrics and quilts.

Sharon said...

I love that you hand quilt some of your pieces for patterns and books, It keeps me inspired to keep doing the hand quilting.

Sharon said...

Oops, I just saw the comment above mine, that you hand quilt ALL your projects. Wow!

laurie said...

Well, I don't hand quilt EVERYTHING. Probably about half would be more correct. I always like to have a hand quilting project goint.

Laurie

Glenn Dragone said...

I would like a slice of bread and that basket, please.

I'll skip the bread if you'd kindly send the basket Asap.

Alma Allen said...

Wish I could go to Zimmerman's! They are supposed to have the best bread baking classes. I didn't hook up Zimmerman's and you. If I come for class you will have to go with me!

Alma Allen said...

I mean Zingermans....oh well. You know what I mean.

izzyquilts said...

Hiya, what a lovely quilt you have there. How are the summer recipes coming ? I know you like to go to the Saturday food markets. I live in New Jersey and the Jersey tomatos and silver queen corn are a plenty. I really enjoyed your summer salad that you posted last yr..thanks

Janet said...

I love it when you show us some of your handquilting. It looks wonderful! It's hard to wait to see the whole thing... :0)

Michele said...

LOVE love love the basket. Where on earth did you get it? Did you make it?

Lisa S. said...

I recognize that dog park!!

Anita said...

What a teaser with the photo! Can't wait to see it and also can't wait to get my hands on your new fabric! I had to "follow" just to add to your list...I don't have an iphone either :)

Teresa said...

I love the handquilting photo. I'm having trouble finding hand stencils since machine quilting is so big now. Do you make your own stencils? Maybe you could do a post on designs and marking tips. Thanks!

Hotquilts said...

Zingerman's has bread baking classes? Boy I would love to learn to bake that olive bread. Looks delicious. Your hand quilting looks so even. Loved your summer posts on hand quilting last year.

Blog Archive