Friday, July 1, 2011

Oregon, Part II

After leaving the Best Quilt Shoppe In The World, we headed south. Polly had a little gig in Eagle Point Oregon with some rug hooking chums and I went along as driver and teaching assistant. While Portland Oregon might be named Rose City - this little town of Jacksonville Oregon had some lovely roses going on too. We stopped there for a coca-cola break and to do a little shopping. When at our destination in Eagle Point, we could see Mt. Hood from our hotel parking lot. (can you believe the photographic brilliance of this shot?)
After a little drive, we seemed to be on a mountain too! This was the view from the workshop window.We had a lovely day with charming and talented rug hookers. We also had a little visitor.This was taken through the screened window of a deer just hangin' out in the driveway.

What else can we say about the trip? It was grand! Oh, and as official driver of the Minick and Simpson team, I can say that Oregon drivers are the best. You fellow Michigan drivers who must traverse 275 and 696 on a regular basis will appreciate this...... Oregon drivers stay at 65 miles per hour or under and don't drive diagonally from lane to lane. Craziness!!

Laurie

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful place for a retreat and a place to relax and enjoy nature.

Debbie

Warren said...

I don't know that I could drive around there, I am so used to the crazy drivers in MI....I drive 275 a lot! But it sure is pretty there!

momto2wasd said...

I am from Seattle, and I drive faster than 65 for sure, however, I really don't liking on those Michigan freeways! The ones between Ann Arbor and north east of there...I don't remember the names because they always get confusing to me!

Have fun in Oregon--I wish I could go to Sisters!

Lee said...

sounds like great fun! would be hard to keep under 65 here in MI and not be tailgaited even in the right lane.

Blog Archive