Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cooling Down

It was refreshing just reading all your suggestions. Popsicles are popular here too, and now I have a craving for a root beer float! Yesterday we had watermelon salad for dinner, along with some corn on the cob. It was great. So great, that we had eaten almost all of it before I remembered I wanted to get a picture of it. So, the above picture is googled. It's very, very close to what we had.....

Watermelon Salad

3 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
1 large bunch watercress
1/2 red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
3 tbls. white wine vinegar
6 tbls. vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over tossed watermelon, watercress, red onion rings, and pine nuts. Serve immediately. Enough for 6 small salads or 3 large dinner salads.

Thanks everyone!

Oh, and the winner of the American Banner Rose woven bundle is....

Heather - who makes raspberry smoothies. Heather, email me here and your bundle will go out asap.

Laurie

6 comments:

Anita said...

Congrats to Heather and thanks for the great watermelon recipe. I have a cooled one in the fridge :)

Hotquilts said...

Thanks for the chance to win- congrats to Heather! The watermelon salad is right up our alley. Who da thunk it- onions and watermelon! It's RAINING! Now that's what I'm talking about! I was watching our well and being a little bit conservative with it. Corn will grown better now with even a little bit of rain

Kwilt Noob said...

Yum! Love watermelon. Thanks for the recipe!

Lizzie said...

yummm, thanks!

Allie said...

Congrats to Heather - and thanks for that recipe! I might have to try it this weekend, I heard it's going to the 90's again.....sigh.

Lee said...

Congrats and the salad recipe looks great - almost as good as a root beer float!

Blog Archive