Wednesday, March 16, 2011

May You Live In Interesting Times

The source of the saying "May you live in interesting times" has been attributed to both Confucius (and interpreted as a curse), or an Irish toast. Let's go with the Irish toast since St. Patrick's Day is nigh, and I don't feel like perpetuating a curse.

Interesting indeed. This is what the inside of my head is doing right now.....
Except there are lots more balls. And they're slippery. And I'm wearing mittens.

All day long I am making lists....... about things to make lists about. Geesh. Polly and I are wrapping up a book, making travel plans, designing rugs and quilts, scheduling workshops, and oh yes, a new fabric collection needs to be designed asap. Yes, we are busy, but as my eyes wander over news stories of shortages, disasters, and hopelessness, I am thankful I have a full life to be grumpy about. Very thankful.


Okay, enough of that...... among all the things on my list are these upcoming workshops. You know about Mackinac Island, well here is another one coming up soon.

HollyHill Quilt Shoppe in West Linn Oregon! There is still some room. Keep watching this blog and HollyHill's website for more info and pictures of this event. We are really looking forward to it. The shop gets rave reviews from Joanna and Barb and Mary. Hope to see you there!!



Laurie

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Ladies, another great retreat that I won't get to this year. I hope you all do them again in 2012! I'm ready for some retreat time!

Carrie said...

And I thought it was Mozzie on White Collar who said that!

While I won't see you in any of the places you mentioned, I am happy that I'll get to see you elsewhere.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.

Mary said...

Hollyhill is an LQS to me. (I'm lucky enough to have several nice ones.) Let me just say - it's fabulous!!! Beautiful decor, wonderful selection, and very nice people to help us. I love shopping there.

Michelle said...

I have to agree with Mary, Holly Hill Quilt Shop is a terrific place, full of inspiration and plenty of fabric and helpful ladies! though I live on the North Oregon Coast, I frequent this shop every time I'm in the area.

Ter'e said...

I hope you girls have a wonderful time on Mackinac Island. How I wish I was going!
You're two of the cutest sisters I know! Have a great time - be safe and come back to us with loads of photos.

Ter'e said...

I hope you girls have a wonderful time on Mackinac Island. How I wish I was going!
You're two of the cutest sisters I know! Have a great time - be safe and come back to us with loads of photos.

Blog Archive