I do love winter, but boy, this has been a long one. It you want to rush spring a little and you can get strawberries, nectarines, and green tomatoes at your market - Polly gives this salad rave reviews. It can from Southern Living Magazine. I think it will be a few weeks or months here until I can get those ingredients.
Strawberry Fields Salad
- 4 large nectarines, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 (10-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large green tomato, diced*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
1. Toss nectarines with 1/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
2. Layer gourmet mixed salad greens, nectarines, strawberries, and next 4 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours. Toss salad with remaining 1/2 cup dressing just before serving.
*1 1/2 cups halved miniature heirloom green tomatoes may be substituted.
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Process vegetable oil, sugar, fresh lemon juice, poppy seeds, finely chopped onion, Dijon mustard, and salt in a blender until smooth. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week; serve at room temperature.
That's all we got today. Our hectic social lives and commitments have us plum tuckered out. If you believe that.........