Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday

The Christmas Spirit did make a short appearance yesterday. Bill and I attacked the ELEVEN tubs/bins/crates of Christmas decorations in the basement and attic and came up with one silver tree. The rest will hibernate another year. This is my icicle tree. It's fitting as it is cold here. So cold, I kept the hockey game up behind it. Frigid. We were spoiled by a sunny and bright and beautiful fall and the sudden arrival of winter has been sort of rude. It's twenty degrees today. Not particularly startling for Michigan in winter, but it was practically balmy up until Thanksgiving. Anyway......

Did you "cyber shop" last Monday? I did. One of my purchases was for myself. I wanted an old fashioned pair of toasty warm slipper socks. I have been checking the porch everyday since for their arrival. Here they are.
And they're RED. What's not to love? Well, for one thing, they are the wrong size. Really wrong. These are a men's size 12. Sigh. And hey, Shoes.com...... what is up with the box you sent them in??
Yep, one pair of admittedly large slipper socks in a box big enough for several dozen pairs. Sigh.
Oh, and the return page on shoes.com is not working and neither is their phone number. Double sigh.

One bit of good news on this cold Monday - we have La Playa kits back in stock. Order today and I guarantee it will be the right size and shipped in an appropriate box. Happy Monday.

Laurie

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Time to regift... or a give away....

DibWoman said...

I love your blog. No matter what, big socks or whatever, you make me smile and laugh out loud. Plus, you and your sister are amazing. Just sending you a huge thank you!! You're the best!!

Glenn Dragone said...

Very nice tree!

Merry Merry .. Happy Happy

Jan Hatchett said...

Your icicle tree is gorgeous!

Sharon said...

OMG you have a hockey game hanging on your wall. How fabulous. I LOVED this game when I was a kid. My brother had it and there was very limited play time for the "little sister".

Janet said...

What a glam tree! Love it!!
And isn't that typical of shipping - the number of times I'm confronted with HUGE parcels at the PO only to discover once I've staggered home with them, some minuscule trinket - and then all that cr** it was wrapped in has to be painstakingly re-cycled. Arghhh!!!
I guarantee my giveaway will be wrapped in as small a package as possible - drop over and see what I'm offering - warm hugs from Janet
http://www.quiltingwithjanet.blogspot.com

Susan McCrea said...

Your tree looks great. We tramped around a Christmas tree farm last Thursday and got to cut ours down. It costs $20 and the tree farm is the prettiest farm around. Today we got over 2 feet of snowflakes and it's still coming down. Tree shopping was easier last week.
Are the socks wool? I'm looking for a pair of all wool socks to wear when we are outside from 6-9PM working the Christmas lights in our town's park. My feet were cold & wet last Saturday. We had a local farmer trailer in 4 reindeer; they were penned up next to the pavilion where Mr & Mrs Claus were sitting by the fire. Olive, the newest baby reindeer was the star, after Santa of course. "Olive?" Well, olive the other reindeer, of course! 171 kids got to tell Santa their secret wishes that night. Sorta made me forget me cold, wet socks.

Blog Archive