Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Post Market Stupor

So, here I am going through the pictures I took of market. You know the ones I took on my blackberry and titled "DUB". Like "DUB" is supposed to mean something to me now. Here is the photo titled "DUB" No, I don't know what the title means, but this adorable little quilt was in one of the Japanese fabric booths. It is Sunbonnet Sue with a Japanese flavor. I have lots more of these mystery named pictures. More of those later. My apologies to the fiber artist who made this and is now unnamed. Lets start with pictures I took while we ate dinner.These were at Minute Maid park while the Moda party was going on. Beautiful!!!! Some people love pictures of nature, some like pictures of cathedrals, I like ballparks. I was in heaven. The bbq dinner was pretty darn good too. We had bbq the night before also. After we put up our booths and were tired and sweaty, we went to a local spot and ate outside on picnic tables. Again, it was superb and the view was of this.A very large armadillo. BBQ seemed to be the theme in Houston. Go figure. We had this meal with Carrie aka the brains behind Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. This is the only pic of her booth I have.....her fab quilt "Heartland" made with Minick and Simpson scraps. Sorry, Carrie - you didn't seem to make the cut.
We also dined with Barb and Mary (Me and My Sister fame) who are our best buds and often neighbors at market. Here they are across the aisle from us. You would like more mystery photos?? Alright, how about this sweet decoupaged bike that I labeled "TBIK". No, I cannot fathom what TBIK means besides maybe a typo when I texted the word "bike". Again, sorry talented fabric artist - your bike is posted without your name attached. Maybe someone here will recognize the booth.

Oh, there's more, but they will wait for tomorrow's post. I have a little reminder too, we only have 2 more La Playa kits left. Don't miss out. Thanks
Laurie

7 comments:

momto2wasd said...

The bike is Jean Morrison's booth, I believe, with her fabric collection Wild World from FreeSpirit. It was a neat booth!

Cheryl said...

Love the armadillo. They tore our yard up when we lived in Houston! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

badlandsquilts said...

I wonder if the DUB isn't Daiwabo Taupe fabrics from Japan? I've seen them frequently on some of the Norwegian quilting blogs?

Glad you had a fun time...

Nancy said...

I think "What does DUB stand for?" would make a great contest - think of the answers we could come up with! LOL!

Lisa the quilting pharmacist said...

I recognize the quilt on the 'wall' as Jenean Morrison's...Ashley at 'Film in the Fridge' made the quilt...only two more days until I get to go to Festival..can't wait! Lisa in Texas

Jenean said...

Hi! Thanks for featuring my booth and for sending your readers my way! This was such a fun show!

rderrett said...

We've all been oohing about the decoupaged bike and guitar on Twitter and yep it was Jenean Morrison's booth and apparently she also won a prize for it.

Blog Archive