Thursday, November 4, 2010

More from Houston

Thank you, you eagle-eyed readers. We get to give credit to Jenean Morrison for the lovely bicycle booth.

Things are picking up here in the chilly Midwest. I am completely unpacked and patterns and trunk shows have been shipped. I have some good old housecleaning to do before I go on to the next big project. But, I must leave you with some more Quilt Market pictures.

Another ribbon winning booth was the color saturated booth of Amy Butler. Gorgeous. Never to be outdone in the talent and youth department is Tula Pink.I loved her very modern take on the old standard, the alphabet quilt.If that wasn't enough for the young and talented..... here is Liesl's booth - she is the genius behind Oliver + S patterns. This was the scene in Moda Home - Liesl's upcoming book of patterns - Little Things To Sew.Seriously, what little girl wouldn't want a red riding hood cape??

Oh, it wasn't all contemporary stuff. We had some "old-school" designers showing their stuff too. (No disrespect at all. We consider ourselves a bit old-school too). Here are some of Jan Patek's quilts.When my UPS and Fedex guys deliver the boxes we packed from Houston - get ready for a give-away. Fingers crossed - it will be tomorrow.

Laurie

8 comments:

Linda said...

I love all the pics from Houston! Great eye candy!

Sharon said...

Wow, love the quilting on the alphabet quilt, and Jan's samples look so wonderful. I"m a bit old school too when it comes to designs.

debbie said...

Thanks for sharing, Laurie! Love the pics, it's the next best thing to being there! Love the old AND the new ~ your booth looked great! Especially loved the painting of your Mom & family! :)

irishgirlsews said...

I Do DECLARE.... your pictures are the BEST....Love Jan Pateks booth!!
I'm definitely 'Old School' too.
Wendy

Lisa said...

It's great to virtually visit Quilt Market through your lens. Thank you for posting photos.

WoolenSails said...

Love seeing all the different booths on the blogs, almost as good as being there.

Debbie

Vicky said...

Great pics! I'm old school, too -- well, I guess I'm just old!

lovetostitch said...

OMG, I love that quilt from Tula Pink on the alphabet!! My neice teaches sign language and it would make an awesome gift for her!! Very modern, and perfect for her, but my heart sang at the sight of Jan Pateks booth!! thanks

Blog Archive