Friday, October 8, 2010

The Week That Was

It's been too long since the last post. Nothing really exciting going on here, just plugging away at work to be done. You want to see? This was my very first attempt at attaching one of those scary looking foots onto my sewing machine. This is a table cloth, in progress...
That "foot" thing somehow sews on binding. I KNOW! Who knew? That little tablecloth took about 9 hours to finish. I am a self taught sewer, hence my teacher is totally incompetent.... so the start and stopping of this binding is not pretty.

What else is new? Bill and I went to a hockey game. Michigan won, and again - it wasn't pretty.
You know what else WAS pretty.... the weather this week. Fall weather at it's absolute best. Gibby and Clara are taking advantage of the last few sunny days.
My weekend is planned with the Farmer's Market, cooking, watching football, and sewing on these bindings. I won't be using that foot thingy, I will do it the usual quilty way.

Oh, and all you Project Runway fans.... have you all been salivating waiting for the big scandal they have been promoting for weeks....

It was a little less dramatic that the build-up, wasn't it. "Hey, Poison Ivy, don't let the door hit you on your way out". Geesh. Ivy is not nice.

Laurie

P.S. It seems the hockey game was even uglier than I thought. Bill and I left in the 3rd period with Michigan ahead 4 goals to 1. Michigan lost. Yikes.

13 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Poison Ivy - too funny!

Monica said...

Ivy is a pill...a bitter little pill!

And what I found interesting is the bits they showed in the episode previews were never aired in the actual episode. What were they from? A previous season? Lame.

Andrea said...

Oh please share the tips about the "foot" and the binding!

WoolenSails said...

I have a couple of feet that I got for my machine, need to practice with them. I do hand binding, seems easier to me;)

Debbie

Joyce said...

I've got a pretty thing up on my blog today just for you. I can't recall ever liking a halloween collection as much as yours. So thank you.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Poison Ivy no kidding...and Gretchen needs to go too! Yikees I'm so addicted to this season.
Pat

pdudgeon said...

i've heard about those binding feet, but never seen one in action before. Thanks so much for showing a picture of one in action.
I'm a football girl too,so that's when i do my quilt bindings, while watching the games on TV. i can usually bind a twin size quilt in 4 quarters---especially if they have a few play reviews thrown in for good measure.LOL

Judy in Michigan said...

I thought Michigan won the hockey game 4-1 but it was very ugly Saturday, a sad day for the maize and blue, sniff, sniff.

Mary said...

Now I am feeling sad that I have missed all of Project Runway this season....ugh! I will have to catch the reruns.
The table cloth fabric is very cute! And the foot looks like it would really speed up the binding process.

PamKittyMorning said...

I have never used that foot, I can't trust myself.. but I want to be the kind of person who does use that foot. I usually just attach the binding to the back and fold it up over the front and topstitch. Probably not the coolest way but it works for me. My mom taught me to sew garments, but in this kind of thing, self taught. Lame teacher.

madrekarin said...

Hmm, dare I venture into using that foot? It looks like fun, but I don't know. I'll wait to se your finished tablecloth. :)
I was so glad to have seen Ivy go the way of all annoying, sniping designers on PR. I have yet to figure out why the girls all hate Michael C. but they are positively venomous. If only they would give Gretchen the boot it would be a less irritating show. Doesn't stop me from watching though! Last season had the nicest group and this season has the meanest. Maybe the next one will be a happy balance.

Sharon S said...

Love Project Runway. I can't believe there are so many toxic people in the workroom. Looks like Gretchen has a bad week coming up. Go Mondo!

jaybird said...

i hope the binding party went well!! it's my favorite step in making a quilt!

Blog Archive