Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Road To Hell is Paved With Caramel Corn


It started innocently enough. Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang. It was some Cub Scouts selling popcorn. A big tin of unpopped popcorn. Bill was a good citizen and purchased the big tin of unpopped corn. It is a lifetime supply. We like popcorn, but don't have it very often. Maybe 2-3 times a year. Things would have to change. Then I remembered Thursday night's episode of On The Road With Austin and Santino. Those sweet and cuddly, traveling dress designers. Santino told of his passion for caramel corn. Yes! That's the ticket. I found this easy recipe. Oh, it's a winner! Pecans and cashews instead of pedestrian peanuts. This will make all of your trick or treaters very happy.

Laurie

8 comments:

irishgirlsews said...

I love love love caramel corn, must be good for us right???? Should I eat it or just stick it to my thighs?? LOL...
Wendy

pat sloan said...

i am SO WITH you on this... my husband will buy everything sold by children at our door.!!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I'm coming to YOUR house on Halloween!

MGM

Lovie said...

Sounds like you need to get another tin - one might not be a lifetime supply afterall. Thank goodness I don't have what I need to make this. The recipe might just be an addiction in the making, and I like the ideal of changing out the peanuts.

Sharon said...

OMG this recipe looks so easy and so good. How tempting, good thing it's late! Yes, hockey season has started, I watched a game Sat night while I persevered with my hexis.

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Yum! LOL those Cub Scouts are sure cute salesmen. :-)

love2quiltva said...

Hi! I am a BIG Minick and Simpson fan. I am curious about how y'all got started...I mean how do you get to be a designer for Moda????

PamKittyMorning said...

I love caramel corn. maybe I'll make some now. I have a childhood recipe that's delicious.

Blog Archive