Monday, October 25, 2010

Going, Going, Gone!

Polly and I plan to be gone very soon - to Houston. There are a few last minute errands and bags to pack, but the majority of the work is done. We are relaxed and grateful. So grateful, that we would like to do a little something for Polly's favorite charity - Semper Fi Fund - an organization dedicated to serving wounded Marines and their families.

Let's have an auction! Bid on the quilt and rug posted here by placing your bid in your comments. The high bid as of Friday October 29th at 9pm Central time will be sent the quilt or rug. Just post your bid in the comment and if you are the winner, you will need to pay by check - with the check made out to Semper Fi Fund. Your winning bid will be tax deductible. Please note in your comment which item you are bidding on.

Okay, a little info on the goods.....
This charming watering can and flag rug is designed and hooked by Polly. It measures 17" x 29". It is 100% recycled and hand dyed wool.

This is a wool quilt made by me.
It measures 43" x 47" and is also made of 100% recycled and hand dyed wool. It is hand appliqued and hand quilted. The edge is comprised of cotton prairie points running along all four sides. The batting and backing is cotton.
That's it. After the auction ends we will contact the winner. And.... everyone who bids will be entered in a drawing for a gift from the 2010 International Quilt Market. And, after the auction we might be posting news and photos from Houston. Thank you Everyone!

Laurie

9 comments:

Monica said...

I bid $100 for a very worthy charity.

P.S. I can't wait to see your booth at Market.

Mary Lou Casada said...

I bid $125 for the beautiful patriotic rug! :-) My husband in in the Army currently deployed to Afghanistan.
What a wonderful way to support this great charity!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Monica said...

Ooops! $100 for the quilt!

Cheryl said...

I bid $150 for the rug!

vivian said...

I bid $200 on the rug.

Mary Lou Casada said...

Girls! Girls! My husband is in AfGHANistan!!! Don't make me come back there!!! LOL
$225 for the rug!! :-)
Blessings,
Mary Lou
(feeling not the slightest bit sheepish for invoking patriotic guilt so that I might win this lovely rug! LOL)

Marcia said...

$150 for the quilt - great cause-thx!

Saundra said...

I'll go $250 for the hooked rug.

Vicky said...

I'll bid $350 for the rug and $200 for the quilt! Thank you both so much for doing this!

Blog Archive