Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We're Still Here

Yep. Still here. I know I said I would post later on Sunday, but things got a little away from me. Nothing major, or even important - just life getting in the way. I know you all know how that goes. All that's been happening here is that I have gone through 80 yards of fabric making curtains for our booth at Quilt Market and quilt backings for our new quilts. Oh, and yes the washing machine is still on the fritz. After 4 visits from the repairman. FOUR. We thought we finally got lucky yesterday when a new repairman showed up and seemed to figure out the other repairman's mistakes. Hallelujah. Unfortunately a half hour after the new repairman left - our basement was under water. Yeah, we are starting to lose our sense of humor about the whole ordeal. So the fifth appointment was scheduled and lots of people at the appliance store are now waiting with fingers crossed as to the next installment of "As The Washing Machine Turns".

So it seems that in addition to my never ending "To Do" list, I will have to add Spend the weekend at the Laundromat to it.

Hey, it beats having real problems. How's it going with you?

Have you heard about our little blog hop? Starting next week this here bloggy thing will be included on Pat Sloan's Ruler Blog Hop. Keep watching and reading and look for this logo on this and other fabulous blogs.....Once the hop starts and you comment on all the blogs..... This is what you could win. Pat's new collection of rulers!
The other fabulous bloggers are:

www.patsloan.typepad.com

ihaveanotion.blogspot.com

amyscreativeside.com

cvquiltworks.blogspot.com

www.jaybirdsquilts.com

crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

www.thehappyzombie.com

mrsschmenkmanquilts.wordpress.com

pamkittymorning.blogspot.com

lavieenrosie.typepad.com

naptimequilter.blogspot.com

quiltinggallery.com


See you at the HOP!

12 comments:

badlandsquilts said...

So sorry about your laundry, that is not fun at all. Hope the situation is fixed soon. 80 yards is so hard to comprehend... that's a LOT of fabric!

pdudgeon said...

gosh, if you lived next door to me i'd offer to do your laundry. just be glad that it's not happening in the middle of Winter.
Best wishes for a teriffic market.

S. said...

Don't give up the ship (in the basement)! Yes, you're right about it beating real problems. As kids, mys sister & I would swim in the flooded basement,which drove my Mom nuts, esp. when she was dealing with a flood overflow in our house.
80 yards for curtains? Whew!You must have a lotta windows in your booth. My query is "what will you do with all that fabric after market?" If you want to sell some (to me, hint,hint) I'd find a quilt to tuck the curtain fabric into;sorry, that sounded crass. I just love your fabric. Your poor featherweight must need an oil drink after 80 yards.

Lisa said...

Looking forward to the blog hop, sounds like fun!

Jeanne (RED) said...

OH MY, at this point I'd think they owe you a NEW machine!! So they say you'll look back at this and laugh someday--many, many, many days or NEVER! 80 yards, I can't imagine. Good luck at Market! Jeanne L.

SueB said...

So sorry about the laundry mat. I hated when I used to have to go. But looking forward to the blog hop.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Can't wait to start hopping!

Nancyz said...

I was last week's winner of the scraps and a pattern. Thank you so much. I just received the package today! Have a great weekend.

Kathy said...

Too bad we don't live alot closer...my husband is an Appliance Repairman, had his own business for 28 years. He can fix anything...He could have fixed it first time out....(he's not allowed to touch the Bernina, though...anything but the Bernina! haha!)

Was wondering if you would show more hooked rugs...I'm starting to enjoy my 'hooking time' as much as my quilting time!

Alexis said...

Hope this is the right spot for the blog-hop comment. Would love the rulers.

Al said...

Okay the rulers would be great and thanks to all who are sharing thier stories

Bonnie said...

Please, please can I win the rulers. I desperately need to replace my chipped ones :)

Blog Archive