Monday, September 6, 2010

How Was Your Day?

Hope your day is going great. Ours was very good. Did a little work, ran some errands and went to Lowe's with Bill to pick out a new bathroom faucet. Due to a recent plumbing problem, the sink and faucet need to be replaced. The shopping went surprisingly well. There have been times, in the past, when trips to these kind of stores didn't work out so well. After a small discussion, we picked out this.Like I said, it went well, but watching other people there today.... I'm thinking that Lowe's and Home Depot should put marriage counselors on the payroll. Instead of these needed counselors - what Lowe's offers to distract harried customers are magazine racks at the ends of the aisles. This can lead to perusing and serious daydreaming. I succumbed. So, starting with a new faucet..... my mind takes me to a complete overhaul into something clean and serene like this.

I wish. Maybe next Labor Day. Once the faucet was purchased it was a trip back home and back to work. Working on the new quilts for our Charlevoix collection, I discovered I needed to go to the store again. I had to run out and get 2 new spools of thread. It seems while I have gazillions of different shades of blue and red, I don't have pink or yellow. Go figure.

Remember, you have until midnight tomorrow to post on the entry below to get a chance on the Charlevoix scraps. Later.

Laurie

14 comments:

krisgray said...

B-U-S-Y! Yard work for the 3rd day in a row but now my beds are ready for fall - all weeded and manicured (i.e. divided and rearranged). All I need is one knock-out rose bush to finish it up.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Cleaned and did laundry after having family at our lake place!! Woo Hoo!!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Very relaxing. Did a little housework. Went to Michael's and took advantage of the great frame sale they were having to finally put my children's pictures in matching frames. After lunch we went to a friend's house to swim and visit for a few hours, then home for a simple dinner and now we're winding down for an early bedtime since tomorrow is school!

How was your day?

MGM

Melissa C said...

Pretty good. Got half of a quilt together and then went to my mother in laws to celebrate her and her oldest sons birthday. Hope everyone had a good day also.

Carrie said...

Pretty good, actually.

I got a couple of quilts back from the quilter and gave her a new one. I've gotten caught up on some e-mail and business busy-work. And I made some Turkey-Avocado-BLTs for lunch. I haven't a clue what to make for dinner though... I'm thinking a big salad of some kind.

I hope yours was productive and relaxing, creative and energizing, rewarding and just plain fun. In other words, I hope you had a perfect day. :)

Mimi said...

We went to Arts Eats and Beats in Royal Oak, then home to do bills and visit with my mother-in-law. Now I am going to sit and stitch. All that makes for a good day.

Mary Lou Casada said...

A great labor day, 'cept for the part where I took my sophomore dear daughter back to college! :-D Oh well, this morning she watched me make circles for some applique blocks -- the closest I've come in 20 years to making her a "legacy quilter." LOL!
Love the scope of your dreams. With a bathroom that big, you could move a sewing machine and design wall in.... Cool!!! (Not far off the peg, since I keep a collection of quilt mags and books near the "throne." :-D)
Blessings,
Mary Lou

pdudgeon said...

well seeing as how it was Labor Day, i labored at my sewing machine and got 5 rows sewn together and the first border on a quilt.
then i counted up all the quilt projects i have planned out (now that they're organized!)
I figured that if i really get busy, i could knock all of the quilts out in 2 years, and just have scraps left over! now that would be amazing!!

Pam in Texas said...

Great weekend! I spent a couple of days with my granddaughter and then finished putting together my santa faces quilt that I started two years ago! Maybe it will be in my living room this Christmas instead of my 'to be finished' pile!

badlandsquilts said...

We took down our pool...I went to Lowes to get a storage box but missed some of the excitement you saw! (no one disagree's over rubbermaid i guess!) and I am finishing hand quilting my DQS9. Fall is here!

Amy said...

Still relaxing with the foot up from a bunionectomy last week. Plenty of time for blog reading and handwork!

Love, love the faucet set! When my hubby picked out ours, he didn't think of the "cleaning" factor. Since I'm designated bathroom maid, I get to scrub around all those knobs, nooks and crannies. Argh! Yours looks easy to me. Maybe I'll send him the photo...

Sharon said...

Love the new faucet, I had a handy man over to estimate on a few jobs round the house. Never bring a finishing carpenter to your un updated kithcen!! chaching!. It's in the 10 year plan.

amy.dolph said...

I have never left a comment before, but as a Michigander myself, as soon as I saw your fabric I was up norh with my feet in the sand watching my kids play in the surf! I love your stuff. Take care,
Amy

PamKittyMorning said...

Pink and yellow. And cherries, I'm feeling faint at the prospect of it.

Blog Archive