Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, We Are Not Perfect

No, we are not perfect. We usually are adequate, so-so, or occasionally superior, but not perfect. If we were perfect we wouldn't have thought up this ridiculous contest about guessing how many polka-dots are on Gibby's tongue.

Strategies were discussed. Equipment was stockpiled and photos were attempted. Two days went into the procedure. A half jar of peanut butter was consumed and smeared. Gardening gloves (for gripping ability) were ruined and a exhausted puppy tongue was finally, tallied and recorded for posterity. The number of polka-dots is 34.

We had two correct guesses: Sewprimitive Karen and Joyce from MI

Karen and Joyce - email me here and each of you will receive a Hamptons tote bag filled with a little something.Since we couldn't be absolutely, positively certain that our counting could stand up in court, (Hey, we did our best) we decided to pick two more winners out of all the entries. The random number generator picked .......

Audrey and HollyC

Audrey and Holly, you can email me here also and you each will get a kit to make the flag apron.I wish we could have had photos for you, but it took both of us to count and the cats won't or can't work the camera.

Despite the drama, some other things got done here. Quilt blocks were appliqued, kits were packaged, and another kit was put up on the website.
This is Polly's newest rug kit - the 2nd in a series of three small patriotic rugs. It is packaged in our sand pail and includes everything you need to make this rug.

Well, that's about it. It's been a long couple of days. Two days I will never get back. I will try to remember that next time I have an idea about a contest.

Laurie

12 comments:

Christine said...

laugh...

Christine

moosecraft said...

Poor Gibby... she's going to be hiding her tongue for some time now... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners! Poor Gibby, only half a jar of peanut butter?????????????????
Jill

Glenn said...

That girl is gonna be running from the peanut butter in the future.

I want to see the You Tube video of the count!

Jean said...

Too funny! I can imagine all the peanut butter and the licking!!! We have a Golden Retriever and I'm sure she would have been more than happy to help out with the peanut butter too! Maybe you should have called.... she would have worked the camera for some of the gouey stuff! So sweet of you to put extra prices in... thanks for letting me try my luck!

Lori said...

LOLROF! I can't imagine how the Gibby loved it!
Such a cute hooked rug!!

Sew Unique Creations said...

I didn't get to stop and say Hi at market - but your booth was great again as usual! Hope market was good for you this spring!

sewprimitive karen said...

That's a cat for you. They have so many talents and just won't cooperate. I'm so thrilled to win this funny giveaway!!!

Kaye Prince said...

Omigosh, I seriously need one of those totes! I have a great love of ships and boats and the architecture thereof! Oh where, oh where can I get one?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for the laugh.

Sherri said...

I've been working on a quilt using lots of your fabrics...I love it! Thought you might want to see the sneak peek on this post...I'll let you know when it's quilted and I share the whole quilt!
http://aquiltinglife.blogspot.com/2010/06/sneak-peek-and-parade-winners.html

Anonymous said...

LOVE Polly's new rug!!!! She is so creative - and doing a summer rug will be wonderful!!! Thanks Polly for keeping the Minick part of the blog - us hookers love to hear from you!!!

Can we see more pictures of your booth at market?? Did you have your sailboat display from last year?
Thanks again Polly for your new rug!
Mandy

Blog Archive