Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring!

Spring fever is here. Despite the fact I have tons of stuff to do and an incredible amount of housework, it's hard to stay focused. It's sunny and 76 degrees. Everyone wants to be outside. Especially him.Gibby is trying to stop me from stitching and to take him for a walk. He won this argument.
I will also try to take some time this weekend to look through some new quilt books.The first two book are from museums in Great Britain. Classic Quilts is about the antique quilts in the American Museum in Britain and Quilts 1700-2010 is about the current exhibiton and the Victoria and Albert museum. I have never met a book about antique quilts I didn't love. I can't wait to curl up on the sofa with them. The last book is The Quilt - A history and celebration of an American Art Form by Elise Schebler Roberts.

If all that doesn't give you spring fever - there's these - my new shoes!New white tennies with polka-dotted laces!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Laurie

7 comments:

Jan Hatchett said...

Love the laces! No wonder you let Gibby win the argument. I would have gone for a walk also if I could have worn those shoes--LOL!

Sinta Renee said...

I just got my AP&Q issue featuring both of you!!! I love the photos and the quilt pattern! Woohoo!

Susan W said...

After reading the new issue of AP&Q, you must have been doing a happy dance. WTG! What better way to start Spring's entrance - new dog, new shoes, new quilt books. Ain't life grand?

WoolenSails said...

And I thought I was the only one who wore funky sneakers;)

Debbie

Vicky said...

Those books look great. Will have to pick those up. But Gibby says "Enough now; time to play!"

Janet said...

Gibby is such a darling - and he's sitting with the raspberry wholecloth too! Grat books - wish they were here with me this weekend, but I do have work to do to finish a wholecloth of my own.
Happy Weekend!
Janet - the temp is now above freezing here

a good yarn said...

How could you say no to a face like that! Ann :-)

Blog Archive