Thursday, April 29, 2010

Attention!

Have I got your attention? Has the cutest puppy in the whole wide world made you smile? (adorable photo shamelessly purloined from www.cuteoverload.com) No, I don't know this little guy or anything about him - I have just been smiling at this photo for a couple of days and thought you would like it too.

Now that I have your undivided attention - Hey! Look what showed up Monday morning....These are a few pieces of "Clermont Farms," our new collection that I have been working with. My rotary cutter is smokin'. The featherweight is taking a rest and I am trimming blocks. It's my new favorite collection. Polly named this collection after a family farm owned by our cousin who bred race horses. For all of you attending quilt market, we will have 4 new quilts made with Clermont Farms - assuming the featherweight holds up. Look for a giveaway soon - a few choice pieces and the leftover scraps after the 4 tops go to the quilter. If all goes well, that will be next week.

As I have been cutting and piecing, I have kept the dvd player going with some favorite love stories. I watched these 2 today and soon I had a pile of finished blocks. First was North and South - another British costume drama. It is based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell (who wrote Cranford) and was recommended to me by a friend. It's wonderful. Consider it recommended to you. Second was a odd, quirky movie that has become a favorite here - Stranger Than Fiction. It's hard to describe without making it sound too weird, but it's an original love story that might have the sweetest, most life affirming ending ever.

Well, it's back to work. Later

Laurie

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gibby says he's by far cuter !! LOL

WoolenSails said...

Puppies are just cute and make us smile:)
Love the new fabric line, beautiful prints.

Debbie

Mary Grace McNamara said...

The fabric would have gotten my attention faster than the puppy! He's cute, but that fabric is gorgeous! Sounds like you've been having some fun with it, lucky you!

MGM

Pookie said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love love LOVE the floral on top of that stack. I can't wait to see more! And I'm with Mary Grace -- I'm like "FABRIC! Oh, and look at that puppy..." :D

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love North and South. After watching the PBS production I was on the hunt for the book. I finally found a copy a couple of months ago, and I could not put it down. Much better then the TV movie. Love your new fabric line. But then, I love all of your fabric lines ;-)

sewprimitive karen said...

Stranger Than Fiction is a great movie.

I'm designing a wall quilt pattern and oops! I think it would look better in your Clermont Farms than what I'm using! Might have to re-do it when CF comes out.

a good yarn said...

Oh that's not fair. I just promised my wallet that I wasn't buying anymore fabric this year...I mean...month..no I mean...week. Ann :-)

moosecraft said...

OMG, I want to hug that puppy!!! LOVE the Clermont Farms fabrics! Looking forward to seeing what you design with them!

suz said...

I love this fabric. It's so soft looking! More and more I wish I were going to Quilt Market!

Vicky said...

GASP! That fabric is gorgeous! Will be watching for your booth pix and quilts from Market. Ooooh, this is so exciting!

Megan said...

Love both of those movies, and the fabric is beautiful as always! Sounds like you've had a fun week.

Meg said...

You ladies have really outdone yourselves this time--what beautiful fabric!

(The puppy's cute, too. lol)

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Thanks for the sneek peek of your new line. Can't wait to see more! I loved North and South too. I didn't know there was a book. I will have to go hunting.

PamKittyMorning said...

Cute puppy. I love the rabbits myself. LOVE the new line of fabric. Seriously pretty. As usual.

jleibfried said...

oh,oh,oh. love the new line. My mind is racing with possibilites already.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Stranger than Fiction is such a good movie!

Alba said...

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed North and South. Parts of it were filmed in my home town. Have you ever seen a more beautiful man than Richard Armitage?!

jaybird said...

sewing + movies = fun times in my book!!! congrats on the new fabric!

Janet said...

What's not to love in your today's post?
Cute dog, scrumptious fabrics, the promise of an upcoming giveaway and some good DVD recommendations. Can't top that!!

Jen in NY said...

That's going to be my new favorite too! But I say that about all your lines! :-)

Carrie said...

In order...

Thanks for the movie recommendations though you're killing me... Will Ferrell gives me hives. He annoys me that much.

Clermont Farms is gorgeous... again, you're killing me. Add it to the list of "gonna need some of that..."

The puppy... I can see why you kept smiling at that photo. It's gorgeous and he's SO cute! I think I might have to add him/her? to the list of "gonna need one of those...".

Seriously, you're killing me!

But in a good way, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

Does the handsome guy in North and South look a lot like Evan the ice skater/dancing with the stars guy?
Wow, must get that movie. Linda B.

Alma Allen said...

Love your fabric!!! North and South is one of my favorites. I think I've only seen it about 20 times...maybe I should go and watch it now.

bobbie said...

The puppy is adorable. I can't wait for your new fabric line to come out. It is beautiful.

Bobbie

Blog Archive