Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Kits are Flying

Polly is reporting higher than normal "kit activity" down in Naples. She has her mini assembly line moving. I have about 7 or 8 projects going here in Michigan. I read over on Camille's blog today and she described the same kind of activity as "keeping a lot of balls in the air". My day no way compares to Camille's as I don't have two adorable little boys in the mix. I wouldn't describe my day as juggling, it's more like herding cats. A whole lot of activity to get a little forward progress.

There are a few things I'd like to show you, but can only give you bits and pieces. Don't you hate that?! I know when I read other people's blogs and they say that, I find it annoying. I want to see it all NOW. But, I understand. Some things are for publication, other things rely on other people and other agendas. It's just the way it is. It's frustrating for me too. Let's see, what CAN I show you? There's this....An applique block in progress. It will be a future Block Of The Month for us. A first!! So, somewhere on one of the blocks there will be a flag. Go figure. Okay, how about this?We got strike-offs today! If you're not aware of what strike-offs are, they are the first peek of a new fabric collection. They are called strike-offs because they are the first printing/testing of a new fabric. The designs are confirmed and the color pallete is confirmed, it is just using all the possible color combinations in the prints and picking the best ones. Also, all the final steps to make a fabric a great Moda fabric like the finishing are not done. Strike-offs are rough. Some of the colors are great, some are interesting, and some are not good. You never know. The above strike-offs will be our collection coming out this summer called "Halloween Night". I will show you one. It is in orange and black - pretty much a given for a collection called "Halloween Night".I also answered many emails today, ran some errands and butted heads with a boxer puppy, and today, a 5 month old dog got the better of me. I surrender. If he wants to be the Alpha dog, so be it. Nah, we'll start fresh tomorrow. Does the Dog Whisperer make house calls?

Remember when I mentioned Bill's birthday a few weeks ago. It is usually the custom here that the birthday boy or girl gets their favorite meal cooked by, well,..... me. We went out to dinner instead and had a wonderful meal. But, several times since then it has been said that someone didn't get their usual Birthday Cake. Several times. On my errands this morning I stopped into a bakery and saw them marking down yesterday's baked goods. I know a good deal when I see one. And, they personalized it. It was delish!Laurie

14 comments:

little acorns said...

Hmmm. . . amazing of how that top stripe just 'happens' to be the team colors of said unnamed (Michigan) baseball team. . . ! ;o)
WIll be fun to see it all. . . (it always is!)
xo, Bren

Pookie said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! A Halloween line?! I can't wait!

I also can't wait to see the BOM. I want to see it NOW! :D

Vickie E said...

Halloween line is going to be intriguing for sure. I haven't seen a halloween one from you for a couple of years! woohoo. Now as for the BOM...also interesting. Seriously Laurie...I wished I lived closer to you so we could hang out one day.

WoolenSails said...

Lots of interesting teasers coming up, can't wait to see the new quilts.

Debbie

barbara r-g said...

the halloween material reminds me exactly of an old tablecloth i had, maybe still have from 15 years ago. i bet it is like christmas when the box of material arrives. how fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so glad to see another Halloween line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved your last one. It looks GREAT!

As for banging heads w/a 5 mth old puppy................ let the games begin!!!!!! You do know life is all about him don't you!!!!
Jill

Barbara said...

Love the kits, pails, cake, and the especially the strike offs ~ but where are the D O G pictures?

Barb

PamKittyMorning said...

OH DEAR. I love Halloween. Looks wonderful.

Vicky said...

I love Halloween fabrics, too! Yours will definitely be added to that stash! That BOM teaser was so cruel!!!! But based on that one itty bitty peek, I want to do it!!!

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness Minick and Simpson are going to be the death of my back account lol! I ADORED your last Halloween line and now another one!!!!! I'm going to be dancing with excitement for months. And a BOM too! I think I shall swoon!

Karen said...

Oh I just love that rug hooking kit and want it real bad but I'm not very good at hooking. I can't wait to see the next project it the pail and maybe I can do that one if it's a quilt. I can't wait, hurry, please, show it NOW. please. Love the halloween fabric and I am very interested in the block of the month. Thanks for the wonderful posts. Karen

jaybird said...

halloween... yummy!!

Janet said...

Those kits are lovely!!! I can see the little sailing boat as an applique pattern and I have some ticking!!
BTW bveen there and done that with a succession of three lovely boxer pups who were pretty hardheaded at 5 months but turned out as lovely mannerly guys when they grew up - don't give up hope!
Janet in chilly Nova Scotia where the groundhog saw his shadow

Camille said...

Herding cats...that sounds more like it! Might have to adjust my metaphor. Whatever it is, glad to know I'm not alone in my insanity.

Another Halloween line? Hooray! Loved the last one. Can't wait...

Blog Archive