Saturday, January 30, 2010

Look What Polly Has Been Up To

All of you rug hookers can stop whining now (Kidding!). Polly heard your cries and she responded. We are proud to announce a new rug kit by Minick and Simpson!For a limited time (until our limited supplies run out) we are offering the above kit to you. Each kit includes the hand drawn linen with serged edges, hand dyed wool, and ticking for the binding. It will be lovingly packed into our "Nantucket" sand pail and tied with a yard of our Prairie Paisley Twill Measuring Tape. Polly sees this as a series - there will be 2 more kits offered later in the year. Again, limited supplies. The rug kits will be $200.00. Go here to order.

As usual, a portion of the proceeds will go to our favorite charity - Semper Fi Injured Marines Fund.

Per Polly's instructions.... we purchased every last Nantucket Sand Pail that Moda/United Notions had in the warehouse. After these kits, there will be no more.

But wait....(insert tv informercial joke here) There's more. Or there will be more. Later this spring look for a quilt kit to be packaged in these sand pails too. Think summer, sand, and all things Minick and Simpson.

Laurie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY would like one of those pails! If it's your fabric in the pail for the quilt kit, I know I will want that too. Looking forward to that...oh, the rug looks fabulous. I wish I had time to do it all!
~Joyce in MI

WoolenSails said...

I love that kit, great idea for a beach house.
I will have to show it to my sister who has one on the outer banks, she can buy it, and I will make it;)

Debbie

Vickie E said...

I am seriously considering this. I haven't hooked in about a year (thanks Moda LOL) and this is so tempting...

Fiesta said...

wow, it is lovely!

Janet said...

Oh My!! WOW!!! lovely - calling to me and I am wrestling to keep my credit card in my pocket - lol!
Thanks - will look forward to see the whole sereies and also the quilt kit in a pail when you introduce that!!
Janet

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh that's wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed that Polly has received many requests to share rug hooking information - which I know she appreciates - and Laurie thinks rug hookers are whiners! Maybe this truly should be a Simpson blog. I think most of us rug hookers wait quite patiently to hear from Polly. Polly - your new rug is great! Could you please post the dimensions? It looks like a nice size! Was this done for Nantucket? Did you teach this rug at your rug camp in Florida? Thanks Polly for sharing:)
Trish L. - WV

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a new rug Polly! Could you please post the dimensions?
It's great to see a new rug - it helps the winter blues for those of us in the north!
Patty

Minick and Simpson said...

Hi
The dimensions of the Sailboat kit is 17 x 24. No I have not taught this anywhere before, just designed and offered thru the website. It is a good size, let me know if other questions - thanks for watching. My Nantucket class this summer is teaching a hooked purse or tote bag.
Polly

Anonymous said...

Hi Polly, Thanks for sharing your new rug with us! It's always a please to see rug hooking on your blog:) A sailboat is a perfect design with your chosen color palette of red, white and blue! Will we be able to see your tote bag and purse patterns? When will your studio be unveiled in the magazine?? We always appreciate it when you share with us!

Anonymous said...

How great!! Makes me want to start hooking again, and... guess who has a pail!! I got Nantucket in it - did the red and the blue.

PS - I see a lot of annoymous posting, as I will. For some time now, every time I try to post, Google makes me sign up all over again, which is a real pain. It doesnt remember you ever, no matter how many times you check that box, and always use the same add and password (sorry for the rant, just sharing)

Blog Archive