Friday, January 29, 2010

Just When I Was Getting The Hang Of It

Yes, just when I am getting the hang of these great big applique blocks, I must put them away for awhile. This is the second block I have finished. The colors in this picture are pretty true to life. Much better than my last post.I must take a break now and work on another project, but first..... this weekend will be devoted to taxes. Ugh. I don't actually DO the taxes, I just have to get all my paperwork in order and come up with some numbers. I then gladly hand it off to the CPA. Life is too short to have to learn how to do taxes. Think of me this weekend when you are enjoying life. I unfortunately, will not be.

Polly is with Tom and Amy (the Moda sales reps for Florida) today doing a little show and tell at a quilt shop in Fort Myers. I wish I could have been there :(
The shop is called The Quilt Lover's Hangout. Polly will have another little announcement soon, probably in the next week or so. Keep checking back.

Laurie

13 comments:

Fiesta said...

wow, that is one gorgeuos block.

Mimi said...

I am loving your block. Of course, I always love all your fabrics, so I guess it was a given. :D

Christine said...

wow stunning block and a shame that paperwork always gets in the way.

cheers
Christine

PamKittyMorning said...

There's nothing I love more than a little announcement.

And that block.

And bummer about the taxes, although wow, end of Jan. I applaud you. Becuase we'll be getting an extension, again. Our accountant probably pencilled us in for June.

kjb139 said...

Beautiful Block! Can't wait to see the next!!
Kathy

Miriam said...

That is a beautiful block. I really love the fabric you used in the vase.

pdudgeon said...

i admire all the planning that went into choosing the fabric pieces for that block.
Each piece is worth noting and appreciating individually, both for balance in the color and the execution of the form, as well as the whole picture.
WELL DONE!

debbie said...

your block is beautiful! I go to quilt lovers hangout( great shop) all the time, but had to work late today- BOOHOO! Would have loved to see Polly & Moda, went to the last trunk show when they showed Wiscasset, all of your collections are gorgeous! you both are so talented! Debbie :)

WoolenSails said...

I just love the fabrics you used in the blocks, now I want to go get some and make a quilt with them.

Debbie

Janet said...

Your block looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours you have chosen for your block...just gorgeuos. I also have paperwork to do for our accountant, keep putting it off, even ironed this hot afternoon rather than look at that paperwork! from Jenny McH (Melbourne, Australia)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous block...I really like the look of applique on a background other than white.

Chelle (Dana) said...

Wow, love the way your quilt is coming out. I have this quilt kitted up to do using the fabrics in the quilt. I would love to jump in and do one in your colorways. Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks as you do them.

Blog Archive