Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post Holiday Referrals

Did you spend your down time doing something marvelous? That is assuming you aren't chief cook and bottle washer at your place. That work never gets done, does it? I wish I stitched something as marvelous as thisIf you are not familiar with Janet's blog - be prepared to be inspired (and a bit humbled). Did you cook something exotic and comforting for your loved ones like thisVisit my friends over at IPB Living and soak up their 21st century home/shelter/cooking/quilting/gardening blog.

Maybe you would like to peruse my newest blog stop . A 13 year old style genius and overall cool person who gets invited to Fashion Week in NYC to critique the masters. I'm trying to remember what I was doing at 13.

My last few days have been spent messing around with thisand this.
Yes, that's a portable dvd player behind the featherweight. Multi-tasking, don't you know. I am waiting for this to be delivered today from Amazon.which was recommended to me by Barbara. I cannot wait!

Laurie

13 comments:

KF said...

You are in for a treat with LOST IN AUSTEN! Enjoy!

PamKittyMorning said...

Well I'll have to look that movie up. I have a new sewing room tv.Love IBP Living, those evil-skeevers look good. They're a food from my childhood. Have a pan haven't made any, but might have to change that. Looks like you have a plethora of wonderful fabrics there, so have fun!

Sharon said...

I too, wish I had made that applique block over the holidays. Not this year! Your project fabric choices look interesting, can't wait to see what you create with this pile of fabric and your featherweight!

Bev said...

Hello!
We LOVE your blog and have added it to our Blog favorites and linked up. Your pictures are gorgeous and inspiring! Happy New Year and cheery wave from Bev
http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Pookie said...

Aw, thanks for the awesome shoutout!

I can't wait to see what that pile of fabulous fabric is going to turn into.

Vicky said...

My portable DVD player sits right on my sewing table, too! Greatest invention since the rotary cutter!

WoolenSails said...

I don't think you will ever see something so perfect in applique, done by me;) Beautiful work.

Debbie

Janet said...

Gosh what a surprise mention, thank you for such a nice compliment. I loved going and having a look at the other blogs, wonderful.

suz said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Thanks for introducing us to Tavi - she's adorable! Love to see a Featherweight on the table - I have 2 and I can't imagine sewing with anything else - although, when my friends get into those fancy stitches....

Lori said...

I did make exotic Aebleskiver's!!! I think I gained 10 pounds too!

Happy New Year! I really enjoy your blog.

happy zombie said...

Pookie from IBP Living JUST came and visited me... it's like we're all in the same room. Or something like that. I saw Pam and Joanna discussing the ebelskivers on twitter - and was clueless... totally in the dark. And now I must get one thanks to all of you.

Amazing about that 13 year old! At 13 I was playing with fake dog poo at Spencer Gifts in the mall. That could have been a few years ago, too.

Happy New Year, Laurie!

pat sloan said...

I love you dearly but you are EVIL to post not ONE but SEVERAL blogs i have not visited... now i must visit, book mark... come back for days and be obsessed...

oh wait.. did you ask for true confessions?? no???

Happy New Year my Dear!!!

Mama Spark said...

Hadn't thought about a portable DVD player. I may just have to get one of those! I do listen to books on my iPod and I really like that. Multitasking. You can use your laptop like a portable DVD player too and even watch entire TV series that you have downloaded. I just finished the second season of True Blood, excellent!

Blog Archive