Friday, December 18, 2009

Making a List and Checking it Twice

I have been able to do most of the things on my list. Of course, you know, I deliberately had a very short list this year. I recommend it. Not much decorating. Just the tree and this glittery Empire State Building in front of my Brrrrr Park quilt. Done. This let me cut out 2 quilts this week and piece one and start piecing the other.The colors are right for the season. Notice my impeccable neatness. Hey, they started out in neat stacks. I swear. This is a scrap test run of a pattern that still needs some tweaking. All this fabric (and the fabric from the previous top I pieced this week) came from my scrap bin. This is it.
I. Am. Not. Kidding. It is still full. It's a Holiday miracle. Hey, there is another story told this time of year about a tiny bit of oil lasting 8 days. Just sayin.

I am in the holiday mood, so I will share a very quick and lovely treat for last minute gifts. Notice the bowl in front of the Brrrr Park quilt.White Chocolate Peppermint Bark. Soooooo easy. Get 2 lbs. of Callebaut white chocolate and melt in the top of a double boiler. Add one dozen crushed candy canes and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Pour onto a parchment paper lined jelly roll pan and chill. Break into pieces. Done.

And.... one final photo of our Christmas Joy. Gibby. Laurie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

suebee said:

Everything looks so pretty and I just love Gibby. He is so handsome.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow your candy sounds so yummy! And easy too :-)

Pookie said...

First of all, Gibby could not look cuter in that sweater!

Secondly, "Brrr Park" is one of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen. I just love, love, love it!

Thirdly, that glittery Empire State Building is so cool.

Fourthy, sorry about Henrik Zetterberg getting injured. Maybe the Wings need some peppermint bark to... uh, make them more durable? I dunno, it couldn't hurt, right?

little acorns said...

All . . . so pretty!. . . but that last photo. . . oh. that Gibby just tugs (hard!) on my heart! He's adorable (& quite dapper in his little sweater!)
xo, Bren

Lois Grebowski said...

Gibby is s cutie pie...

WoolenSails said...

I like the soft colors with the quilt, it looks so beautiful together.

Debbie

kelley said...

Gibby is about to cute for words...he looks like he might get his way a lot...who could resist those eyes...

Janet said...

Laurie: Thanks for the yummy candy recipe! And the lovely vignette of your brrrr quilt - so cool and elegant.
Gibby of course is just so sweet - even though I'm sure he leaves lots of puddles. You already have the best gift - just "awwww" material!
Janet in snowy and cold Nova Scotia

Vicky said...

Gibby is quite a handsome fellow! Nothing like a puppy to liven things up! He's adorable.

Brrr Park -- that's my first project for the new year. I want it on my bed next Christmas, with a special tree in there with special ornaments! I can totally envision it!

Janet said...

I love that Brr park quilt - especially the red triangles!:0) Is there a pattern for it?

ingaholcombe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PamKittyMorning said...

Hi little Gibby ! You looks so cute!

Alma Allen said...

Hi Laurie,
Your puppy is just too sweet! Love your glittery Empire State Building and your quilt. Great way to decorate. Can you come to my house and help me?

Carrie said...

I'm in love. Gibby is SO cute!

And Brrrrr Park is one of my all-time favorite Laurie-quilts. Though I must say... two quilts in one week? That's just a teensy bit annoying.

Merry Christmas to Laurie, Bill, Gibby and all the peeps in your corner of the world!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable!
Does he steal from your scrap bin?
~Joyce

quiltnmaryf said...

Love your quilt-your blog, but mostly, I'm in love with your dog!

Blog Archive