Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Is Coming!




Hi


I promised some of my fellow rug hookers I would post, and show something new I was working on. So, I decided to show a couple new holiday designs. Gibby will be back - don't worry. Right now it is freezing in MI and he is not a fan of being outside. But soon you will be able to see how he is adjusting to his first snow and what Santa Paws will bring him for Christmas.


In the meantime, I will show that we do have a little holiday spirit, and it is a good thing, as Christmas is fast approaching.


It continues to be a challenge to get in the spirit here in Naples - after spending most of my life in MI where we alwalys wanted a White Christmas and we usually received a White Christmas! I went out yesterday to shop at a shopping area on the water, and it is decorated beautifully, but people are shopping in shorts - the weather here is glorious.


It is beautiful to go down to the shore in evening and see the wonderful decorations on the boats - now that is something we never got to see in Michigan.


Have a wonderful time with your family and friends, we wish you the best.


Promise - Gibby will be back to tell you about his First Christmas.


Polly


PS - Pardon the "not so great" photos, I taped the rugs on the wall for a quick photo, they look a tad out of whack, but trust me - they are not.

11 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Pollie: I love both of those designs! Coming from the eastern seacoast the decorated tree in the dinghy is always a favourite with me.
Gotta have more Gibby! He's the star!
Janet in Nova Scotia where I need my longjohns today!

pdudgeon said...

i haven't done rugs, but i like yours very much! i especially admire the shading in the background and how much movement and interest it gives the rugs.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hi Polly ~ love your new rugs! And how lucky you are to be in warm Florida ~ even though you don't have snow for the holidays!! Merry Christmas!

Sinta Renee said...

I love your rugs! Especially the stockings! Your designs are so inspiring:)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful rugs and have fun seeing Christmas on the water. I live outside an historic town, so every year, santa comes to the docks by boat.

Debbie

PamKittyMorning said...

Hi there! Love the rugs. Everytime I see them I start thinking about how much fun they are to make. I need to get back in the rug making groove. Merry Christmas!

katie said...

Love Love love the rugs.I'm not on the coast, but I am on a lake so the tree and boat would apply. Really love the stockings tho.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Polly!!! It is great to see something about rug hooking on your site!!! While the quilts are nice, as a rug hooker it is nice to see that the 'Minick' part of the venture is still out there and sharing with the hooking world!! Please post more!!! Rug hookers - please respond to keep the information coming to their blog!!!! Thanks again!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love your designs Polly - I think I would have to use up some of my fabric before I could venture back into rug hooking but I did enjoy it back then. Greetings to Naples - I lived there for a few years - moved back to MI in 2002. Love the shops - were you at Venetian Village?? Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your new patterns for Christmas! Thanks a lot for not forgetting about the Minick (rug hooking) part of your blog!!! It's refreshing to see some new rug hooking designs. Awhile back you promised some photos of Nantucket and your rug class there . . . please don't make us wait another year for updates!!!! We enjoy your talent.

Jacque said...

Love the stocking's... it was your Americana book that I got in my quilt shop that started me on hooking this year.. I love your work

Blog Archive