Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Update

Hey, I actually have been working on a couple of things. These are some applique blocks that will become a quilt at some point. Yes, they are much like the Uncle Sam's Hat block in the recent Quiltmaker publication, but I ad-libbed a bit. This quilt will be finished around the holidays and look for it here in the Spring.
Bill and I are heading to Dallas early Tuesday to have Thanksgiving dinner with Lorelei. Bill does not like to fly. I actually like to fly. It's hanging out in airports for long periods of time that I hate. I plan on taking some applique with me.

Once in Dallas I will head to the Moda warehouse to pick up a few odds and ends. Bill and Lorelei have never been to Moda. Maybe they won't react like I did when I was there for the first time, but it will still prove to be impressive. I will have camera on hand. They probably won't be hyperventilating like Polly and I did when we went for the first time. (or any other time for that matter). You never know, though.

Polly is traveling at the moment, visiting her kids and grand kids for the holidays. She has promised to put some pictures of her rugs up on the blog when she is back home; so, we have that to look forward to. There is another thing to look forward to. Bill and I are thinking about getting a dog. It has been 6 months since Tucker left us and it feels about the right time. I will certainly keep you updated about that. If it comes to pass, I'm sure you will get your fill of puppy pics.

In closing, here is a video of a friend of Polly and I. Margaret Shaw - Folk Artist extraordinaire. If you are interested in these socks - you can find them at Found - a shop here in Ann Arbor. Have a good Turkey Day, everyone.



Laurie

10 comments:

A Quilter Awakens said...

That's the coolest video ever! Karmen

lovetostitch said...

Well, that was certainly interesting!! I am a knitter "wanna-be" but it never occured to me to actually unravel something else. Thanks for sharing that. Yes, I recognized your patriotic hats, will like seeing what your result is!!
Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving and a safe trip - I would love seeing the Moda headquarters!!

Janet said...

I love your applique blocks - I hope you get lots of stitching done on your trip.

PamKittyMorning said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a good trip. I'm so pea green about the trip to Moda. Take a lot of photos!

Wow, my word verification word is yosocke.

Fiesta said...

Laurie those blocks are great!

Lori said...

I think I'm hyperventilating looking at the wonderful patriotic blocks!! So charming!!
Have a safe trip and a nice visit.

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

Your blocks are great, I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt. Moda warehouse? I'm drooling! I love all their fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks(would look perfect in my house!!) How can you go to Moda and pick up a few odds and ends????
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the pup to start showing up on your blog!!!

Happy Thanksgiving
Jill

Karen said...

Love the patriotic hat blocks!

Vicky said...

I love those blocks. Can't wait to see what quilt they're attached to! Can I stow away on your Moda trip? I can't even imagine the joy!!

Blog Archive