Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Of Those Days

It has not been going well. Suffice to say - if you are reading this I might have finally suceeded. After a few hours of attempts - I can post this - possibly with a video. Why a video. Because I got nothing else, that's why. Life has been getting in the way of making quilts and blogging. Nothing exciting, just stuff. Bill even mentioned that I hadn't posted anything on the blog lately. I told him to do or say something interesting and I would post it. He didn't.

Yesterday I was emailing Sandy Gervais about something and we were talking about the dishes she recently blogged about. She was involved in a Christmas Blog Hop with several other quilting celebrities. She mentioned how hard it was to post something on the blog for 10 days in a row. Yep. Very hard. I told her that when I started posting pictures of my groceries - things were very bleak indeed. There is only so much excitement that I can live up to every day. So, with that in mind (and if indeed I cracked the blogger/youtube enigma) I will post this video. For no other reasons than it will make you smile - and it will buy me some more time until I have to come up with something interesting.

Laurie


15 comments:

Tricia said...

That was worth watching! Thanks for the laugh!!

Kathy said...

That was amazing...I passed it on to my kids to watch...see? Even when you 'got nothing' you got 'something!

Would you show us some of your past projects?

I would also love to see some of Polly's rugs.

WoolenSails said...

I cannot imagine, you have nothing interesting to say;)
Would love to hear about your holiday plans and see how you decorate your home.

Debbie

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

If that's the best you've got ~ you're doing great!!! I love that little movie!!! And I know what you mean, it's hard to blog everyday ~ I don't. It takes a long time, for me anyway!! Thanks for sharing!

jaybird said...

we all have "bloggers block" from time to time... so we understand!

Camille said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy your sense of humor? The tag on your post "I got nothing". Love it!

Anonymous said...

SueBee said...

That was well worth the watch. I enjoy the animals getting along. And for you being boring, I dont think so. Love your ideas and comments.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Loved the post and video. Blogger block I feel your pain.

Pat

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

You've got nothing? I loved that video, okay, it wasn't quilting related, but so cute!

Carrie said...

It's pretty sad when we are telling the people in our lives to "say something interesting/funny/stupid so that I have something to blog about! It makes me appreciate the Pioneer Woman even more!

Thank you for the video ~ it's a hoot!

And I'm with Camille ~ the tag is hilarious. It ranks right up there with the tags you used for the Tigers' end of the season post. You just being you is interesting/funny enough. :)

Elizabeth said...

Awww! That's the coolest thing I've seen in ages!
P.S. If you had your own elephant to ride around on, I bet you'd have stuff to blog about pretty much every day.

apple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

Hey I’ve been following your blog for a while now!!! I think that this might be something you would be interested in. Maybe you’d like to participate or just do a little post about it! I’d love to see it be a great book ☺ (P.S. I’m not getting anything for passing the message along!)
Mandy from http://thatssewmandy.blogspot.com
All the info is taken from…
http://quiltinggallery.com/quilters-cookbook/
They posted on their blog:
I'm very pleased to organize the first-ever Quilter's Cookbook with recipes from quilters around the world. Everyone is welcome to submit a recipe, a photo of their favourite quilt and a story for inclusion in the Cookbook. The submission deadline is November 28, 2009.
The Quilter's Cookbook will be available for sale as a downloadable PDF file in early December 2009. The price will be determined based on the number of recipes submitted and the number of advertising sponsors.
The Cookbook is being created as a fundraising effort to help off-set some of the costs associated with running the Quilting Gallery site and to fund new community-based features planned for 2010. Please help support the community!
The theme for this Cookbook is "Quick and easy recipes, so we can get back to quilting!".

Sharon S said...

Wow, thanks for a smile. That was great!

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the video. I passed it on to my kids. The dog looks like our beloved hound Betsy.
YOU are never boring!
~Joyce in MI

Blog Archive