Sunday, November 1, 2009

Breast Cancer

I live in Naples, Florida and I do like living here. I have a spot in Naples that I really do adore, the area is special and so are all the establishments - it is Olde Naples. While downtown the other day to get a hair cut, I was taken with the tree in Olde Naples that is highlighted during the Christmas season. As I drove by - there was a hub of activity and when I parked my car and spoke to those around the tree - I found the tree was being decorated with pink lights to honor our fight for Breast Cancer. So tonight Tom and I went uptown for dinner just so I could photograph the tree at night. It is a special tree that is decorated for different occasions = but probably none as important as this one - our fight for Breast Cancer.
I have a friend in Vancouver, Washington who is currently about half way through her treatments to fight this disease and she is doing fine and will be just fine. But seeing the tree and knowing that Laurie and I have had friends for years involved in this fight - we decided to show the tree that is lit here in Naples and to encourage you to write in your friend or family member who is fighting this or who has battled this disease.
Eventually we will win this battle!My friend is Norma Searle from Vancouver, WA
We would like you to write in your friends or family members who you would like to be remembered during this time and to join in for a "group hug".

Polly

****p.s. Polly will be in Greensboro, North Carolina November 6th and 7th for a Breast Cancer Benefit. It will be held at The Saltbox - a folk art gallery that is celebrating 35 years in business and the benefit will be an show featuring 10 Folk Art artists and their works.

Laurie

14 comments:

vickibellino said...

What a beautiful photo and for a wonderful cause. Thank you for sharing it.

Margaret said...

I lost my MIL Susan Chess to breast cancer, and I have a dear friend Nancy who is currently fighting it. Thank you for the group hug.

Kathy said...

My sister Eileen. And my friend Judy.

Thank you.

Minick and Simpson said...

We would like to add the name of Carlene Hobbs.

Anonymous said...

My friend Sue Hammond who is a quilter. Thank you

SueB said...

Nora Conley
Florence McCoy
I enjoy group hugs.

lovetostitch said...

What a beautiful idea and precious gesture to include those we know and love - I'd like to mention Eileen and Linda - two very precious and dynamic ladies!!

Vicky said...

Please add my friend's mother, Dolly, to the group hug. Thank you!

SheilaS said...

What a beautiful tree. Please add Kathy P. of Ann Arbor to the list. Thank you.

Leslie - she sews and scraps said...

I would love to add my mom, who is a survivor of breast cancer, thank you :)

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Please add my online friend, Sheri of Shabby Sheep blog, who is just beginning her journey to wellness.
The tree is beautiful, Polly ~ a nice tribute to this cause.
Alice

suz said...

thanks for sharing this - I think most of us know someone who has or is fighting this disease.

Cabin Creek Farm ♥ said...

I lost my beautiful sister Kathy so young at 38 to inflammatory breast cancer. A very invasive breast cancer. She just had her baby girl too. Kathy is missed so much by so many especially her lil ones.

Jeanne (RED) said...

I have been catching up on my favorite blogs, so I am a little late in posting this, but I would like to also add Sheri DeMate along with Alice. She is just beginning a long journey--everyone could use an extra hug! Thank you Polly, Jeanne L.

Blog Archive