Friday, November 13, 2009

100 Blocks - Day 2

Thanks everyone for saying such kind things about our Uncle Sam's Hat block. It was fun to make and really uses up your scraps (if you happen to have a lot of red, white, and blue scraps like some people). The winner of "Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks" magazine is:

Carol in E TN

Carol, email me here and your magazine will go out to you shortly.


http://static.open.salon.com/files/frazzled_lady1233116357.jpg

How is your week going? I heard today is Friday the 13th. No worries. It can't be any different than the preceding week. For every step forward I took - I took 2 steps backward. On Monday I had about 1 full day of applique work to do on a quilt - and it would be finished. Ask me how much more work I have to do on it. Yes, that's correct - 1 full day. I have run so many errands and logged so much time in my car that I started and finished an audio book in the car this week. Yes I looked. The audio book is 13 1/2 hours long. I hope to settle down on the couch later today with a good movie in the dvd player and finish that thing. After I run a few errands, of course.

Because this is Friday the 13th, I am going to pay it forward, so to speak and try to change my luck. I let the random number generator pick a couple more winners and...

Christy &

Kris
- you can also email me here for a copy of the magazine.

Don't walk underneath any ladders today, folks.

Laurie

8 comments:

Julie said...

My husband and I always have a date on Friday the 13. Weird, but we started that when we were dating. Makes the day seem fun rather than creepy!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Aren't you sweet. Today was actually my Mom's birthday :-) She's been gone for many years, but it's a day I still celebrate her life.

Sharon said...

Love the graphics! Funny how we can spend so much time in the car and not realize it until it's gone. I have quit doing errands some weekend days because I've been out too long and want to get home and quilt. ;-)

Sheila said...

My parents actually met on friday the 13th they say...

Not going to have a ladder around to walk under today but planning on climbing up a step ladder later. Who decided a hanging lamp fixture height over a table oughta be 30" anyway? Mine is currently 'just' high enough to not walk in to and bang my head when the table is moved for mopping the floor. Gonna try it by the 'rules' for a change...

PatchworkRose said...

Now on the positive side you got to read a book in a week. My son was born on the 13th so in our household 13 is a special number :-)
Cheers
Lynne
Still melting in Adelaide where it is 102 or 39 today and 40 tomorrow. What happened to Spring!

Mary said...

It is my wedding anniversary today. I was married on a Saturday, but the anniv. often falls on Friday. And the years it does, Feb and March both have Fri. the 13ths also

WoolenSails said...

Well nothing bad happened to me today, so I guess I call that good luck, lol. Congratulations to the winners.

Debbie

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, I hated the day. I told the VP that on the next one I'm calling in sick. He suggested maybe a company holiday! LOL. Congrats to the lucky winners!

Blog Archive