Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ready, Set, Go

The van is packed. We have a much newer model from Enterprise than the one I imagined in the post below. Leigh Ann called yesterday and asked "What is all this nonsense about a clunker we are driving to Houston??" It seems Leigh Ann isn't on these interwebs very much. She had people stopping her on her errands and such asking about the jalopy. Oh Leigh Ann... you have to get on the interwebs. All sorts of information is is found here. A shout out to PamKittyMorning who is already on the road and has set up the radio link thingy on the left. All market reports will be easy to find. We are always thinking of you.

This is the latest project finished. It is a quilt I made with all those half-square triangles that I have been going on and on about. Here is just a little peek.There was a question about it on the last post (because the Jolly Jabber just posted a little blurb about us getting ready for market). The designers all used the half-square triangles to make something - most likely a quilt. There were also lots more half-square triangles that all the Moda Designers autographed. I'm really not sure of the procedure - but somehow market attendees will be able to get some. This is all Edyta's baby. Edyta of Laundry Basket Quilts. More will be revealed at the end of the week. I am not usually a fan of stippled quilts, but hey, I'm just grateful that it is quilted. Kari got it a couple days ago and quilted it and sent it to me yesterday. I just got the binding on. No time to spare.

Oy! It seems 162 baseball games were not enough for the Detroit Tigers. They are having a one game playoff today. If I live through it, I will go to bed extra early tonight and be on the road about 5:30.

Laurie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I be the first! Have a great time at market. It's so much fun! I am looking forward to seeing all the half-square triangle quilts as well as all the new "stuff"!
Go Tigers!!!
Joyce in MI

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and can't wait to see your photos!
Jill

badlandsquilts said...

I have been wondering if you are glued to the TV watching the game like us since you have made baseball references in posts... We are praying for a bit more dome magic here in Minnesota before it gets retired. This game is getting long, tho!

pdudgeon said...

can't wait to get a full glimpse of that quilt in today's post! I'm so glad you showed the quilting. I often find myself in a quandry as to what kind of quilting to put on my quilts, so this example helps very much.

Best wishes for a fabulous market!

Nancy in MT said...

Have successful and fun trip,
Nancy in MT

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Thanks for the peek at the triangles. Looks luscious! Can't wait to see all the pictures of your quilt at market.

quazyquilter said...

I would have to guess 153 minutes. I love your Bar Harbor line!

Blog Archive