Monday, October 19, 2009

Mistakes Were Made

1. My sister-in-law came over for dinner yesterday. We had a nice visit. She mentioned that she and her sisters missed reading about Bill on the blog. No, I haven't written about him lately. Busted. It seems Bill thought I was revealing a little too much about him on the blog. She convinced him his concerns were unfounded, so.... I can write about Bill again. The second he does or says something interesting I will let you all know.

2. Thank you for taking a look at our Ebay auctions. There have been some questions about shipping. It seems despite my painstaking attention to detail, something is screwy with the shipping fees. Just know that I will charge only the exact postage it takes to send your parcel to you. Most of these things can be fit inside a priority mail box. I don't expect any shipping charges over $15.00 if you are in the continental U.S. Bid away.

3. Some of you have sent personal notes of consolation regarding the abrupt end of the baseball season (for me, anyway). Thank you. Imagine my dismay this morning when in my inbox was an email from a legit sports ticket company trying to sell me Detroit Tiger play-off tickets. If that wasn't bad enough.... this came a few hours later:

Hi Laurie,

Earlier today, an email promoting Detroit Tigers postseason tickets was sent to you. This, unfortunately, was a mistake. We regret the error and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The StubHub Team


Inconvenience or confusion, indeed. If I was litigious, I might be thinking about "pain and suffering". No need. I am trying to get psyched up about new quilt designs and of course, hockey season.

Laurie

5 comments:

Carol Sc said...

I, too, have been mourning the end of the Tigers' season --- and watching the playoffs has not been nearly so much fun. Guess I will join you and be excited about some quilting.

Carrie said...

"pain and suffering"?

Thank you. I must now go clean the Dr. Pepper off my computer screen and keyboard. You absolutely, positively made my day with that. Too funny! Thank you. :)

Fiesta said...

I just wanted to thank you again for my blog prize.

PamKittyMorning said...

I am hanging on Bill's everyword and look forward to his return to glory on your blog.

suz said...

I'm a Red Sox fan (sorry) so I know how you feel. I'd have been a bit upset to get that kind of email too! Talk about adding insult to injury!

Congratulations on your booth win - it was beautiful.

Blog Archive