Friday, October 9, 2009

Market - Day One

The long drive ended. And I mean LONG. Places were flying by as far as Arkansas, but the roads between Arkansas and Houston were taxing. I mean, who puts stoplights on a freeway? We would have about 20 miles of freeway and then we would come to a town and then stop signs and stoplights and all the local traffic. 200 miles of that. We were cranky yesterday, but rip roaring to go today. The van is unloaded and basically all the stuff just dumped in our booth area. We are on our way now to set things up pretty-like.

We are staying at Inn At The Ballpark which is right next to Tropicana Field. Which is right across the street from the convention center. If I wasn't in a mood to boycott baseball in general I could really get into this place. (Really, I don't want to talk about it. The Detroit Tigers have broken my heart and stomped on it) Polly booked it specifically because of my baseball mania. It is very cool. This is what greets you in the lobby.

All of the architecture is baseball themed. This is the rug that is all through the place.
These are the newel posts on all the banisters.
Everywhere you look - it is baseball. NOW, on to the convention center where all the excitement is. Our fabric is Bar Harbor and our theme is, well, Bar Harbor.
This is what Polly found as some of our inspiration. It is a paper toy nautical flag banner. It is teeny, tiny, so we made some that were much bigger. I will post pics later today when the booth is done. See you later.
Laurie



9 comments:

Dianne said...

Minute Maid...not Tropicana :)

I just finished a quilt out of American Primer for my baby, and I'm excited to see the new fabric in person next week!

Anonymous said...

That Tiger's game was so disappointing but you know we'll be right back at it again next year with our same hopes and dreams. Enjoy your stay at the hotel. It kind of reminds me of Disney World. But then, Market is like DW for quilters! Have fun!!!
~Joyce in MI

Melody said...

Wishing You the best of Fun! Are you posting from your Blackberry? :-)

badlandsquilts said...

How about ending your baseball ban with a line of fabric with a hint/subtle baseball theme? I love all the red/ white & blue fabric lines that you do!

lovetostitch said...

I can hardly wait to see the booth!! Just love your fabric lines - right up my alley. Glad to know you two arrived safely - let the fun begin!!!

WoolenSails said...

All I would want is a pool and jacuzzi;)
Can't wait to see your booth.

Debbie

Jan PATEK said...

You shoulda' grown up a Red Sox fan. Then you can understand adversity!!

Pep Patek

Anonymous said...

How was sample spree?? Were there many people there?!

Michelle said...

I was rooting with you for the Tigers and was bummed they didn't make it. At this point, I don't know if I'll root for anyone.

What a great hotel! And badlandsquilts has a fabulous idea - a subtle baseball line would be awesome!

Blog Archive