Monday, September 21, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well, I'm back in Michigan and decompressing from all the excitement and glamour of Miami and South Beach. Polly and I got some errands done and had some fantastic meals. We also saw some yummy fabrics, but I can't tell you about that now.

Disaster was averted here at home. When I left Thursday afternoon I told Bill that I had the 5th season opener of Bones scheduled to be taped on the dvr. He called me Saturday and told me the sad news that somehow it had disappeared from the taped history. Geesh. Thankfully I found the episode online and the world is still spinning. This marriage was saved.

Leigh Ann stopped by this morning and showed me this. It is an raincoat made with our Bar Harbor coated fabric and an Oliver + S pattern that will be debuting at Houston. ADORABLE. I took over a dozen pictures of it - but my pics don't do it justice. It really needs a cute 4 year old girl to make it work, but we are out of 4 year old girls at the moment. Great job, Leigh Ann! I cannot wait to make one a wee bit bigger for myself.

Laurie

12 comments:

little acorns said...

The coat is adorable! I can't wait to see Bar Harbor, I'm loving the florals & what I've caught in the peeks! See you in a few weeks! (eek!)
xo, Bren

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, those menus; what did you choose???

Lori said...

The jacket is the cutest thing I've seen for some time! I can just imagine a little one feeling wonderful with her beautiful jacket on.

Stephanie said...

you mentioned making a jacket for yourself...does that mean you will be offering an "adult" version? that is the cutest jacket but every time I find something I would want for me, it's only available for children... I want one!!!
Can't wait for that fabric...when does it release?
btw, I have had to start my own "Minick & Simpson fabric wish list"....LOVE YA'LL!! Excuse the Texas accent :)

Minick and Simpson said...

Stephanie

The pattern featured is only a child's pattern. I am going to make a raincoat for myself, but it will have to be another pattern. I do have one from Serendipity patterns for a trenchcoat type raincoat. I will also keep my eyes open for one that is this style - very simple. It's almost enough to make you wish for rain : )

Laurie

Cyndi Walker said...

Too cute - why on earth aren't such cute things for adults too! Such beautiful fabric.

happy zombie said...

That raincoat in your Bar Harbor is so adorable! I could be stand-in as a 4. I'm a slightly bonus sized 4... and a 4+34. And super bonus me being in the rain capitol of the world... I could rain-test it here in Oregon for you.

DVR's... One for him, one for me. And THAT is wedded bliss.

PamKittyMorning said...

That coat is darling and I love the fabric with a burning passion, red, giant floral!!! Everything I love. Can't wait to see it all at market.

Kathy said...

What a cute little raincoat! I just love your fabrics and have made so many table runners with the Prairie Paisley line.

jaybird said...

absolutely adorable!! now you just need a lunch box to match it!

WoolenSails said...

I love the coat, wish I had a little girl to make things for, but my daughter is too old for that now. I love bones and love on demand, then I can let the box tape it and not lose it;)

Debbie

ksoltys said...

Hey Laurie, make a coat for me, too, while you're at it. I'd love that in a carcoat length. With a hood, of course, for live in the Pacific Northwest! Karen

Blog Archive