Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Developments

I am slowly learning how to use my Blackberry. Yesterday the Geek Squad came out and synced it to my computer. Not exactly sure what that means but I can browse the Internet and send emails with photos attached. This is big news people. I am also trying to learn how to use the camera. This is even bigger news. It might mean that I can take more photos at Quilt Market and get them out to you folks promptly. We all know the only reason you are reading this right now is to possibly get some good quilt gossip. Polly and I are all about the timely quilt gossip.

Here are the first photos I took with the phone. Fuzzy, yes, but give me time.This is the quilt that I hung in the living room recently. Boring. I know. Okay, I do actually leave the house. Here is what I saw at the grocery store.
On my way back from the library I drove by the Michigan Stadium. This is the best I could do while driving.Which brings me to this...... the traffic here is crazy again. (I know all of you who live in Boston, Atlanta, and Los Angeles really feel for me) I will work on the "fuzzy" factor. My old camera use was limited because it didn't keep a charge for very long. Most of my pics were taken at home, as well you know.

Tomorrow is September 11th. Polly and "Moda Lissa" are all on board to get people to fly your flags. Lissa posted this awesome vintage magazine cover. Gosh, wasn't the early 20th century just the best for graphic images??!

Which brings me to this.......


I get emails all the time about this quilt pattern that was in McCall's several years ago. The issue is out of print, but the pattern will be resurrected again. Polly and I are reissuing this pattern, along with a few tweaks at Quilt Market. Check back next month for the new version. We think you might even like it more. Thanks

Laurie

17 comments:

Cyndi Walker said...

You'll be hooked to your Blackberry in no time I'm sure and I have yet to run across cell phone pictures that weren't a bit blurry. :) Heck, we're walking, talking and taking pictures at the same time!

Lizzie said...

Love the flag quilt. I hope the fabric with the eagles will be re-issued. Looking forward to seeing it again. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I really like the flag quilt. I have the pattern and lots of the Nantucket fabric. Guess I will wait and see the new pattern. Think about bringing back the Nantucket fabric. thanks

badlandsquilts said...

love, love, love the pattern...a must for my family room!

WoolenSails said...

I have a hard enough time trying to figure out one electronic item, by itself, never mind one that does everything;) I hope you get good pictures of the houston show and be sure to stop by Lynette Anderson's booth and check out the new book, that will have some of my punched pieces in it.

Debbie

Sarah said...

Awesome about the Welcome Home quilt. I also have hoarded the Nantucket line and the Eagle bunting to make the original quilt. Can't wait to see an update!

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhh gossip! I love it. Of course I love my bits of technology. Can't wait to see you and your lovely quilts at market! (don't take to many great photos at market.. just a gentle warning)

Miss Jean said...

I can't wait to see what the new pattern will be like. I actually have the original pattern and the fabric to make it but haven't yet. I'll wait to see what you come up with this time.

Go Michigan!!!

jaybird said...

love love love the quilt... oh how i love stars.. i can't wait to see your "new" version!!

lissa said...

CELEBRATE AMERICA

Anonymous said...

glad to see i'm not the only one who has saved this pattern & fabrics for it! can't wait to see what you change on this pattern!! i love reading your blog!! Tammy

rebecca said...

I'll wave on my way to the game tomarrow!!

Your blog rocks by the way!!

Richelle said...

I have always loved Welcome Home. I bought the kit and literally just finished cutting out the pieces. Maybe I should hold off a little longer to see your new one at market. I can wait, I can wait...

Carrie said...

I love the quilt and can't wait to see the new "tweaked" version of it. Of course it will be awesome!

And if it makes you feel better, I'm still learning my Blackberry too. I love it but there are still a thousand things that I am told it can do. TOLD being the operative word... if I don't know how to do it yet then I'm thinking I'm not likely to need to know how to do it, right? "Luddite" is good!

And tell the truth... how depressing is it a random 10-year old can work these things like they were born with them in their hands and we ~ we products of higher-learning, universities and life-experience! ~ can't figure out how to get the ringer to stop ringing so loudly?

I look forward to Market pictures ~ blurry, fuzzy and however!

suebee said...

I love making your Welcome home quilt. I have made 4 now. One of which should be hanging in the QOV booth in Houston. It makes up quick and you get a great finished product. Will you be reprinting the eagle bunting? I need some more for the quilts for the QOV.

Kwiltsfl said...

Can't wait to see Houston pictures!! Take lots - PKM is bluffing..... I, too need the flag quilt. It would be perfect in the entryway to my Americana home. I don't have the pattern or the fabric, so I'm glad to see it will be re-issued.

I just got back from a quilt retreat where I worked on Chippewa Nine Patch. Can't wait to get it done and snuggle under it.

Karen

L. Gray said...

I can't wait to see the updated Welcome Home quilt...LOVE the original and a month is going to seem like a loooong time! I'll be back again soon! : )

Blog Archive