Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm No Annie Leibovitz

While no Leibovitz, the photos are undeniable getting better. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I know, it's very sad that the highlight of my week is grocery shopping. You are again subjected to pics of the Farmer's Market. I promise these will be the last. These were taken on my Blackberry this morning. This bodes well for Quilt Market posts in a couple weeks. I promise not to take better pics than PamKittyMorning, though. Really, I do.



I don't know who this guy is, but I couldn't resist. One old dog to another, so to speak.


Notice the brick pavement underneath? It is the original pavement in the historic Kerrytown shopping district. Oh, it's been there over 100 years.
It's a little bumped and bruised, but still lovely and quite functional. 100 years! It kind of makes you want to rethink all the new road construction that we live through all summer, doesn't it?

Okay, here is something that is NOT grocery shopping. This came in the mail this week. Hushabye by Tula Pink. Our niece Katie is expecting. She is scheduled to deliver Monday at 8am. How civilized. Scheduled childbirth. Anyway, this will be baby Kayce's quilt when I can get to it. A sophisticated baby quilt for a sophisticated baby.
This also came in the mail. The new Hancock's catalog. Yippee! This one is a knock-out. The fabric industry really should be proud of itself. So many wonderful choices. I am marking pages for my new purchases.

Thanks for looking at my housewifey pictures. There will be better ones later this week. Polly and I are going on a little trip to someplace terribly exciting and exotic. Later.

Laurie

9 comments:

pdudgeon said...

you are so fortunate to have a Farmer's market to go to. love the pics! i got my Hancock's catelogue this week too. was getting worried that it hadn't shown up yet. big sigh of relief!

that baby quilt pattern looks adoreable! have fun on your jaunt.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the photos! I see you got my subtle message! xo

Carrie said...

Be glad you're not Annie! She's broke! Flat busted... selling off the rights to her catalog of pictures... in financial ruin.

I'm quite envious of your wonderful Farmer's Market. Ours seems to specialize in all sorts of different dried fruits... go figure. Love the "old dog" though... what a wonderful face!

Bon voyage and safe travels! And Hi to Polly!

Elizabeth said...

I'm very impressed by your photos! Glad you know to be careful, tho. I'd hate to see something "unfortunate" happen...

Vicky said...

Great photos! Are those purple carrots? Probably not - at least I don't think so! But maybe...hmmm? Okay, I just confused myself. LOL.

WoolenSails said...

It is fun when you get a new camera.
I have seen signs for farmers markets, but never get to it.

Debbie

sophiet85 said...

Your photos are improving all the time-you are definitely getting the hang of that Blackberry! Just be sure to take a few "booboo" pics at fall market, just to keep yourself safe!! lol

And I loved all the photos of the farmers' market. Our small town started its first farmers' market this summer and is slowly but steadily growing each week.

Irishgirlsews said...

Love your pics of the farmers market, the flowers are beautiful. I love my new Hancocks catalog too. Just need my money tree to start growing again!LOL.
Wendy

tina said...

I think Annie has nothing on you, great photos --- -so there!!!

Can't wait to hear about the exciting trip, I'm sure I will live vicariously!

Blog Archive