Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I'm Hooked"

I thought I would add to the blog, as you know it is pretty much Laurie's fine work that keeps our blog going - I am not so good on anything tech. I had to share my story with you. While driving around Naples, Florida I have been spotting these bumper stickers - "I'm Hooked" and it got me very excited. There are rug hookers here as I meet with two different groups when I have time. They both meet on Wednesday and if I am not too bogged down, I try to go. During our "high season" there are many more gathered as all the northern gals who winter here are around to join us. Sadly I have missed most of the summer due to other commitments. So seeing these bumper stickers - I felt we were getting a Rug Hooking Store and I was very excited. I googled it and could not find any info - just the bumper stickers on cars. Last week while driving down Tamiami Trail I spotted a van with "I'm Hooked" in huge letters across the side of the van, parked in the lot of a little strip mall. I felt I had found the store!. This is what I found in the mall. Now, if this is your church, I am sure you are excited - but you will never know how disappointed I was to find this in the mall.
Polly

10 comments:

Margaret said...

lol! Ok, that's pretty funny! I would have been disappointed too! Although I'm sure it's a nice church.....

kjb139 said...

I, too, would be disappointed!! I can't blame you at all! I just joined a hooking guild and they have rejuvenated my interests...you need that sometimes!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I can imagine it probably took the "joy" wind right out of you, Im sure !!!!!!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

OH I forgot , it sounds "fishy" to me !!!

Mimi said...

LOL....so sorry, but it really was kinda funny. I wonder how many other rug hookers were almost "hooked"?

WoolenSails said...

That is funny, only a hooker would know your disappointment;)

Debbie

Brenis said...

Too funny! I would have been right there with ya!

Sally said...

Polly!! I am laughing so hard girlfren! I am sure you NEED a hooking shop (have you looked inside your cupboards lately?) So good to 'hear' your voice in the post. I miss you - we need to try to coordinate our schedules to be in the same place at the same time next year.

Sally Van Nuys

Sharon said...

hahaha. Before I quilted I was a cross stitcher.(1990's) We lacked stores in my area and when traveling through a very tiny town in OR,(Sisters pop. 100) I saw a sign that said "stitching Post" I was so excited, positive this was my new home away from home. I was so disappointed to walk in and see all these prairie prints and calicos?? In the middle of nowhere!Once I started quilting, I got it!

Employment said...

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your funny and exciting story. I have so much fun reading your blog. Have a nice day!!!

Blog Archive