Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Bounty

This was dinner last night - and it will be lunch today. Greek Panzanella salad. We love salads like this - a salad that is a filling meal in itself. It is much like the traditional Italian Panzanella, but has the addition of greek olives, feta, and oregano. You can get the recipe here. I cut the amount of feta in half as we love it, but a little goes a long way. I also used fresh oregano as I have a yard full of it. I planted 3 plants 2 years ago and I have acres of it. Polly is making it today. Bon Appetit!

By the way, I have been asked if I have seen the movie Julie and Julia. Not yet. It is certainly on my list. So much so, that I am not rushing out to the theater as I know this is one that I will buy for the permanent "chick movie" collection.

Laurie

7 comments:

Pookie said...

That looks delicious! Even more so, though, I adore that bowl!

Amy R said...

Loved the movie, btw. My husband went and enjoyed it too. It was a funny movie and shed a wonderful light on two very supportive husbands. As for the salad - Yumm. We've been making it this summer and really enjoying it. Of course, we don't have a yard full of oregano. You lucky duck. (although, we do have a nice stand of oregano that is actually growing "in" the yard and dear husband mowed this week, so I'll have to wait for it to grow back!)

WoolenSails said...

I love to do salads in the summer too, but I make boring tuna and macaroni;) Just too hot to cook in the oven.

Debbie

happy zombie said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. If only I could reach through my monitor!

debbie said...

Yumm, salad looks wonderful! So good to hear that Jeff is doing so well!Sounds like you're having fun being together ~ had to share, went to local quilt shop where Moda did a trunk show ~ they showed us Wiscasset, how GORGEOUS it is!!!! Can't wait to have it! :)Bar Harbour looks great too! You both are so talented! Love your blog! :)

suz said...

Just catching up with your blog. So glad to hear your brother is doing so much better!
I'm a huge salad lover - if it doesn't require a stove, I'm all for it!
I love your new fabric and the name Bar Harbor (or Bah Hahbah - as we say in Boston). That little pinwheel in the center of the log cabin is adorable.

Kim said...

Looks YUMMY! And OMGoodness Julie & Julia was wonderful and you're right...definitely one for the permanent chick-flick collection!

Blog Archive