Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Houseguest

Otto has been visiting for a few days. Leigh Ann (our assistant quilter and seamstress) and her family are on vacation and Otto has decided to spend the week here. He is a delight. Seriously, the smartest dog I have ever been around. Here he is debating me about his 3rd walk of the day. It is just past noon and he feels the need for a 3rd walk. I told him he needs to wait for Bill to take him out this afternoon. I know he understands as he can TELL TIME. Bill has said that given the right training, Otto could fly a plane. I think he could understand how to fly a plane, but the "no opposable thumbs" thing could hinder this endeavor. Last night, while we watched a baseball game, Otto deliberated on the infield fly rule and pondered the pennant race. If only he could help with some applique......This is where the pinwheels went. I am now fussing with the applique that will be all over this quilt. I am not getting much done as I haven't been in one place the past few days. Hopefully, tonight I can prepare some applique so I can have this quilt in "travel stage." Maybe I can stitch some at the hospital. Which brings me to our brother Jeff. I can overwhelm you with medical jargon, but basically he is more stable, but still gravely ill. He has not been conscious since it happened, but we hope that he will be by the end of the week. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much it helps.

Laurie

19 comments:

badlandsquilts said...

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family... and the quilt looks great, too!

little acorns said...

Yea. . . too bad Otto couldn't help with applique. . . (I'd send him some too! . . . it's that opposable thumb thing. . .
I'm am sending you hugs & to let you know that I am keeping Jeff & all of you in my prayers.
xo, Bren

Donnelly said...

You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Oh Laurie! You are all in my prayers for Jeff.

Quilt is cute, too.

PamKittyMorning said...

You and your family have been on my mind, so I'm grateful for the update.

My dogs tell time as well, which is rather a pain when they dont' get the daylight savings concept. My rabbit doesn't tell time at all. She can't be bothered.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you and your family all week, thanks for the update. Thoughts and prayers are still coming your way!

Great picture of Otto! I have never seen him that still.
Jill

Carrie said...

Thank you for the update ~ as with everyone else who has commented, you and your family have been on my mind.

And aren't we a little glad that our very smart dogs haven't figured out the opposable thumb thing? While the occasional help would be nice, it would create a whole host of other problems. :)

Prayers and good thoughts for you and your family ~ take good care!

WoolenSails said...

Continued prayers for Jeff and your family.
Love the fabrics in your quilt.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. Stitching is such a great diversion.(dogs too!) Can't wait to see the applique on the pinwheel quilt!
~Joyce in MI

pdudgeon said...

i love that pinwheel quilt. the colors are great and the background fabric really makes it interesting. So glad that Otto is keeping you company this week. Labs are the best! prayers for you and your family.

Littlebit said...

Once in a while I like to browse a different blog, and yours was the one I chose to meander--my favorite quilting design, lol--around this morning. I so enjoyed it. I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, and I pray all will be well soon.

Lizzie said...

Beautiful quilt!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Continued prayers for you and your family. Otto! What a FACE!

Keep those hands busy with applique'..we all know how much sewing gets us through the rough times.

Pat

Auntie Pami said...

My thoughts are with you. Love the quilt and I can't wait to see the applique. Otto can stay with us, but it's a little far. He sounds like a great dog. I'm pushing for one here. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Dear Laurie and Polly,

I am hoping and praying for your dear brother Jeff. God Bless.

hugs from a girl you met on Nantucket a few years ago.

Betsy

Alma Allen said...

Hi Laurie and Polly,

I just wanted to know how your brother is doing. I've been thinking about him and hoping things are going ok.

Love to all of you!

suz said...

Just got caught up with your blog and just read about your brother. He will certainly be in our prayers for a rapid and complete recovery.

Jeanne Langston said...

Smart dog (don't they make good companions!)and another beautiful quilt!! You all are still in my prayers. Much love to all.
Jeanne (RED) Langston

lovetostitch said...

I've got you and your family in my prayers. We just returned from a birthday get together of a friend that turned 90 - in excellent health. It was great to see so many people there and nothing quite like family!!

Otto sounds like the perfect guest!!! I'm sure not at all like my fellow, who has such long hair, and drips water when he drinks, and I wipe his paws when he comes back inside - *hanging my head in shame, of his spoiledness*!! Send Otto my way next time to teach Sunny a few things!!!

Got caught up on a few other postings I missed, and cant wait to see the shoot from Polly's house, I am still drooling from the photos from the "other" magazine. Best wishes!!

Blog Archive