Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fabricmatcher Contest Winner

This is the winner of the June Fabricmatcher contest at Moda. All entries were to use the Fabricmatcher program and design a quilt using Minick and Simpson fabrics. Amy Brass was the winner and the designer of the above quilt. She wins a fabric bundle from Moda and a collection of autographed patterns from Polly and I. Well done Amy!

We are in a whirlwind of activity here. Our latest fabric collection was delivered to us this week and I am busy cutting and piecing. All to get ready for pattern covers and for Fall Market, which is creeping up on us. Lots of time though, so I am enjoying the process much more this collection. Leigh Ann came over this morning and took several shopping bags of fabric and our patterns (which are still in progress at this point) and has her foot on the pedal. I am cutting lots of strips.
This is my ironing board in the "quilt room". This small bedroom is basically a fabric warehouse. I work all over the house, but most of all the fabric is here. I will show more, when there is something to show.

Jeff has improved and the plan is to remove all the tubes from his throat tomorrow. We are excited as we get to hear his sarcasm instead of just seeing it in the movement of his eyebrows.
After the hospital visit, we plan on a little break and will take in a matinee. I think we will go see "The Time Traveler's Wife". I loved the book. When I was reading it I knew it was being planned for a movie. I think it will be a difficult story to film. We will give you the thumbs up or
down on the next post.
Another book I read recently and loved is The Language of Bees by Laurie R. King. I have read all of her books and can't wait for the next one. This one actually had a cliffhanger! Yes, a part II is on the way. Laurie R. King has several series, but this one is one of the Mary Russell mysteries. Mary Russell is the supposed wife of Sherlock Holmes. She solves cases with him in his dotage. Back to the ironing board.....

Laurie








8 comments:

kshackabq said...

Laurie and Polly - It is such good news to hear your brother is improving!

kshackabq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
little acorns said...

I love what I'm seeing in your new fabric line peeks! So pretty! I'm also so glad to hear about your brother. . .!
xo, Bren

debbie said...

Looks like another great line, as they always are!! So good to hear that Jeff continues to improve~the power of many prayers!Enjoy your day tomorrow ~ relax! Debbie :)

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm excited to hear your brother is improving. That's such great news.

And also exciting, your new line of fabric!!! I loved zooming in on that!

Shakerwood Primitives said...

What a pretty, pretty quilt....and I love the new fabric. Would be the perfect colors in my guest room (if I ever get it back from the wayward child that moved back home!)

Glad your brother is improving. My best wishes.

dotti white said...

Hooray for Jeff! My prayer is that he continues to improve! I really want to see the time traveler's wife but now that you mentioned it, maybe I should get the book and read it first. HMMMMMMMM, what to do! Maybe I will sew and think about it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Amy said...

Wow! I'm just thrilled to win the contest - do I need to do anything to get my prize? Can't remember - it's been so long since I designed the quilt. Love love love your new fabric sneak peek - of course, your fabrics are always awesome!

Blog Archive