Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happenings for June 2nd

I have been out of town for a couple of days and I am wading through emails and snail mail. It really does collect quickly, doesn't it? I had a great 2 days in Muskegon Michigan at the Patchers of the Lakeshore Quilt Guild. I did my little dog and pony show at the guild meeting (6 suitcases and a duffel full of quilts) and headed up a class on String Pieced LeMoyne Stars. I don't say "teach" because that is not respectful of people who actually DO teach. I just sort of "suggest" and try to keep conversation moving. Here is what we accomplished yesterday.Thanks to Darlene, Pat, Kathy, Kay, Sarah, Deb, and Cheryl. I had a great time!

There was a voicemail waiting when I got home. Bill's niece Karen and her husband Florent had twin girls today! Sophie and Julia. Aren't those lovely, sophisticated names for lovely sophisticated French/American baby girls? Can't wait to see the photos!

Hey, Polly is actually in town. We are within driving distance. We will actually get to spend part of the day together tomorrow doing all sorts of "Minick and Simpson" type things like hanging quilts and test driving my new vacuum cleaner. We aren't as sophisticated as Sophie and Julia, but we are a close second.

But, the big news today is Moda is having a contest! Go to www.moda.fabricmatcher.com and enter. You have the entire month of June to design one or many quilts using Minick and Simpson fabric. Info is here.....
You can double click on it to enlarge.

Good luck everyone - we can't wait to see the entries!

Laurie

6 comments:

Minick and Simpson said...

Hi
Yes, Laurie is correct I am back in my home state of MI visiting and spending time with grandkids here. Always fun and rewarding. Tomorrow I am off to my actual hometown of Ann Arbor to enjoy my old home town and spend time with Laurie on Minick and Simpson, always fun. You don't realize how little time we actually spend together, not much. We learn to use time at quilt market and maybe one other time a year to accomplish what we usually do long distance. Tomorrow we will pack patterns and work on our fall collection - which is pretty much done, just some tweaking. I have to speak on the Freedom project that Moda announced -- you know how special this project is to us. With our son and Laurie's nephew in harms way, we have dedicated much to helping families of troops - and I hope you take time to get involved with this - you will feel just great with your time to this great cause. Thanks to Moda for always doing the "right" thing. Thanks.
Tomorrow - off to Ann Arbor and some fun time and getting in some work!
Thanks to all of you that will jump in and help those that really can use our help!
Polly

Amy R said...

Laurie and Polly - will you be visiting Zingerman's while Polly is in town? Or what about Washtenaw Dairy? Enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Polly and Laurie - just saying "Hi" from beautiful downtown Ingersoll, Ontario. Hope all is well with you both and have a great time spending time together. Karen

PamKittyMorning said...

Wish I was there having fun with you guys!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you'll be having a wonderful time! I'm jealous. And hey, a vacuum cleaner? I've heard of those. I may need to look into getting one of those things.

Patty said...

Hi Laurie! How does my local quilting guild find out more about having you visit as a guest "suggester" LOL?

Blog Archive