Monday, March 9, 2009

You missed it by this much.......

How close were you people? Not very close at all, actually. Someone not as polite as Minick and Simpson would say "you people couldn't hit the broad side of a barn." Or, "You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat." I would never say that. Polly would never say that. I will say that Susan K came the closest with her guess of 750. I guess I should really apologize for my photo. It must have been very misleading. The total # of half-square triangles is 806. So, "I'm sorry for the horrible photo." Because of the bad photo and because you folks are so nice - we will have 2 winners!! Susan K, of course and all the rest of you - we put your names in a hat (actually a Fiestaware bowl) and the 2nd winner is.....Barbara. Both of you will get a Flag Day Farm Jelly Cake. Yeah! Here is what I have done with my obscene number of half square triangles.I can't show you any more than that right now. Obviously my tolerance for half square triangles is a bit higher than the general public. I would never question 100, or 200, or even 400 half square triangles, but when I got to 800, even I had to admit that maybe it was more than most people would want to make. Sigh. Rest assured that the "quilt idea" I had is being edited. Susan K. and Barbara - please email me HERE with your address and the goodies will go out asap. Thanks everyone!

Laurie

22 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

WOW. I had no idea. I'm currently working on a Jo Morton quilt that has 196 and I feel like I'll never be done. Sorry, HST are not my thing. But, I'm sure I'll want to make your new design, it sure is pretty ...

Susan K. said...

I can't believe I won!!! I am thrilled however. All I kept thinking is that it looked like a LOT of half square triangles!!! And, I was right!!!(Well close) Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

Barbara said...

You certainly know how to make someone's day! I also can't believe I won, I'm thrilled beyond belief!! I had to check all the comments twice to make sure it was me that you chose. I just can't believe there were that many HST in that pile. Now I'm anxious to see what you make with them. Thank you again for making my day.

PamKittyMorning said...

Holy. Crap.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I'm with Pamkittymorning!! I can't even imagine ~ you are a sewing woman!! They're really beautiful all put together ~ can't wait to see the results!!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Don't beat around the bush, PamKittyMorning, tell us what you really feel LOL. Actually, same goes for me. I'm pouting, I wanted to win :-).

Kwiltsfl said...

Whew! No wonder it took an entire day to trim!

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I've been working on a quilt design with 860 HSTs, and my staff threatened mutiny when I asked them to start on the sample! I thought it looked terrific, but like you, probably way more HSTs than most people would ever tackle! Great minds think alike, though, huh?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! I had no idea either! But I LOVE how they look!

Dandelion Quilts said...

WOW...I would never sew that many, LOL! You are a brave soul.

pdudgeon said...

my goodness that's a LOT of HST's, and hearty congrats to the winners.

all i wanna know is how big was the finished quilt going to be?

Sherri said...

Really...that many...and I thought I was being so scientific when I made my guess!!! They are gorgeous, though!

lissa said...

you are driving me crazy

kshackabq said...

I can't even begin to imagine 806 half-square triangles. And all your perfect points! Thanks for letting us play.

randi said...

I don't have the patience for something like this, but I am glad you do. It sure is beautiful!

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcia said...

Wow!! I was WAY off!! That was fun though and now I cannot wait to see your finished quilt. I love HSTs and do not mind making them at all-guess I am a little weird!!

from little acorns said...

Yea. . . easy is fine, . . but you, my dear - will be the one with the treasure! I love them!
xo, Bren

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Now there is a project.However, I am currently working on a quilt with 480 FLYING GEESE.

I hope they make us room mates in the asylum.

Pat

Karen said...

And I was complaining about making 200 HSTs for a pinwheel quilt!

lovetostitch said...

I sure hope you did it by "triangles on a roll" - Shasammmmmmmm, that was a lot!!!
Congrats to the winners!!

Donna said...

Wow that is a lot of half square trianges. They fabrics are wonderful can't wait to see the finished project

Blog Archive