Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Adventure!

Tonight I am packing for a trip to Kansas. I have almost everything crossed off my list and I am excited to go! The destination is none other than the famous "Kansas Troubles" headquarters headed by quilter extraordinaire - Lynne Hagmeier. Lynne is hosting a Moda Fabric Designer Retreat weekend. What fun! I believe about a dozen of us will be able to make it. I am flying into Kansas City tomorrow and will meet up with "Me and My Sister" (Barb and Mary) and Sandy of "American Jane" fame. From there we will drive to our destination and meet up with everyone else. Not a lot is planned except having fun. There will be sitting and stitching, laughing, eating, laughing, shopping, laughing, and whatever else pops up. One of those elusive "Three Sisters" emailed us this week and said we were going to play a game. We are instructed to bring 9 things. "Please bring 9 things. It can be 9 fat quarters, it can be any combination of stuff.
Make it good though, you may go home with it all or go home with none. ( basically no white elephants)"
So I started gathering treasures. I think they are treasures, anyway. The more I gathered, the more I am thinking that they ARE white elephants. Oh well, I will bring 9 fat quarters as back ups. One of the treasures is the bird eggcup that is pictured at the top of this post. Another is a pair of vintage 1950 Italian sunglasses complete with rhinestones! (I would keep for my collection, but they keep slipping off my nose). Treasures? No?
I am taking my camera of course, but no computer. I probably won't have any updates or juicy gossip until next week. You never know, we may even get some good design ideas. Whatever happens, it won't be boring. Talk to you next week.

Laurie

12 comments:

from little acorns said...

I think they're treasures! Have a great time! (Lissa has been 'twittering' about it. . . & we all want to come too!). . .
. . . & about those 'elusive' 3 Sisters. . . It is one of my life's goals to find out who they all are. . . (Only because I love them so!) (lol! - Me & millions of others!)
Tell everyone Hi & safe travels!
xo, Bren

Daphne said...

Please...Please...Please... Tell us who the 3 Sisters really are. One day I searched the internet for over 6 hours trying to find who the are. Have a wonderful time!

Kwiltsfl said...

Have a marvelous, refreshing time!
Karen

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I wouldn't show your treasures until you know what they are for. Bring the fat quarters...you can always replace those. DON'T bring the glasses or that cute little egg cup!

happy zombie said...

That sounds like an amazing retreat! And I'm dying to know who the 3 Sisters are too. You must find out. Simply must. Otherwise I might have to start a rumor that they're the love triplets from the night Betty Crocker and Captain Crunch spent a weekend in Vegas.

pdudgeon said...

the bird cup and the sun glasses ARE treasures because you love them. Hope you have lots of fun on your retreat.

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm envious, have a great time!

Sinta said...

that sounds like so much fun! You girls need some time to play! I think your items sound like treasures... who wouldn't want that cute little egg holder or those cool sunglasses???

Carrie P. said...

The little egg cup is so cute. Have fun.

Kim in Door County, WI said...

Have fun at your retreat. You are absolutely going to love where you are staying, I was there for a retreat last April. The place is FANTASTIC, and Lynne is such a neat person. Have a wonderful time!

Donna said...

Sounds like you will have a great time

passingdowncrazy said...

Wow! That's a lot of talent in one room. I'd love to be a mouse in the corner.

Blog Archive