Saturday, March 14, 2009

Catching Up

I have been getting quite a bit done recently. That is certainly nice for a change. I have designed 2 quilts this week and things are falling into place, getting ready for Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. I finished up a quilt design today going through yards of graph paper, several pencils and one eraser. All were sacrificed for a good cause. I'm pretty happy with the design. Maybe it is all this sunshine we have been getting here in Michigan. THAT is certainly nice. Oh, it is still pretty cold, but it is blindingly bright today. Did you know that this area of Michigan gets more cloudy days than Seattle Washington? Seattle gets more rain, but we get more of the "dreary." So, the last few days have been wonderful. Now the hand drawn designs get sent to Lisa in Florida who does our pattern graphics and improves on my directions. I tell her how I made a quilt and she cuts out about 5 or 6 steps and makes it super easy. *Smack* (that is the sound of me slapping my forehead after I read how she edits my directions). She is a GENIUS.
Polly has already made the rug to go with this quilt. She is not just a genius - she is freaky fast. Let's just say that Polly is prolific. She has made a ton of rugs and has many more in her head waiting to be made. You will have to wait to see the quilt as it exists just on paper. Polly is taking orders on kits for the rug above- "Wiscasset". If you are interested - you can email her HERE.

Laurie

8 comments:

tami said...

Where did the name for the rug come from? I lived in a town named Wiscasset. Other than that I have never heard that word before.

Minick and Simpson said...

Hi
Well I wonder if there is more than one town called Wiscasset - but Wiscasset, Maine is a favorite spot for me to find antiques - a great town, great dealers and it is Maine, that screams antiquing to me.
Polly

Kim said...

Ooooooh lovely! I have the frame, the hook, some wool, and am waiting for the courage to dive in to rughooking! I'm almost there...and this rug may put me over the edge! Suitable for a beginner perhaps? It's STUNNING!!!

Kathy said...

If the quilt is as stunning as the rug, oh, MY! Can't wait to get ahold of that pattern.

Isn't Maine wonderful? DS lives in the mountains in Western Maine. I know it's a rugged, hard life with winter being 10 months out of the year, but he loves it and was very welcomed by the folks there.

The name fits the rug and most likely, the quilt!

WoolenSails said...

I love Wiscasset and most of Maine. The rug is absolutely gorgeous. What dye recipes did you use, or did you make up new ones for this rug?

I am making a long runner and my blacks all look gray.

Debbie

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I can't wait! I will be at Spring Market,not sure of my booth number yet. I will be there to see the quilt.

Pat

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Wow, what a beautiful rug!! I can hardly wait to see your new quilt designs!!

Nancy in MT said...

Oh my, another gorgeous rug from Polly, can't wait to see your quilt that goes with it, Nancy

Blog Archive