Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day/Christmas Shopping


Yes, while the rest of the country is all snugged in for a holiday Snow Day, I thought I would go to downtown Ann Arbor and finish my Christmas shopping. I'm back and I am done. The rest of the day will be spent wrapping presents and cooking goulash. Maybe I will even bake something Christmassy. This is what we found when we ventured out of the garage. That is our neighbors overturned trash barrel in the center of the photo.In our short 1.2 mile drive to downtown this is how we found the streets. The city fire hall is on the right and city hall is on the left.Our first stop was Starbucks for a much needed cappuccino. We looked out the window to our destination of Borders Books. Ann Arbor is home to Borders and this is the flagship store. It is not the original Borders store as that was kiddy corner from this present location. That building was outgrown when they first went national.
The last presents were bought and this was the view driving back into the garage. I would post photos of what I got, but some people have been known to check out this blog......
Trust me, there is usually a little more traffic at noon on Miller Avenue. Bill has informed me that the cable is out. Horrors! I predict an afternoon of Jane Austen videos. Happy Sledding!

Laurie

7 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

So pretty pretty. Looks like a post card. Many years ago we were almost transferred to Michigan.I really loved it there.

from little acorns said...

We almost got snow here. . . but we ended ended up with rain - & snow in our mountains . . . but that's okay. I will come to your blog to see your wonderful snow pictures! I think that a Starbucks drink probably even tastes better when it's snowy outside!
Even though I can't join in a trip out into the snowy weather. . . I can do the Austin videos though!. . . sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening.
xo, Breb

pdudgeon said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day
and a great evening planned as well.

Carrie P. said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow.
It definitely makes it feel like Christmas where you are at.

mamabug said...

Your wintery wonderland sure looks like Christmas is supposed to look like. This is very different that the green fields around our home :) Happy Holidays

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Oh how beautiful! All that snow. Did you hear we got plenty of our own in Vegas last week? Amazing. Hope all that shopping is done so you can rest!!!

Karen said...

Hi there - just found your blog today. I am normally reading Papercrafting blogs to get ideas for cards and gift projects. I was in a quilting store in Tillsonburg last week and was looking at some fabric to make a couple of bags (didn't get them done though) and she was showing me some of the different fabrics that she carries and she showed me some by Minick and Simpson and I told her , Hey I know them, they are my cousins. She said that she is going to be at some show in the new year and I guess it is one that you go to and she said when I see them I will tell them I met you. After seeing all the fabrics in her store, it made me want to start sewing again. I really enjoyed reading through your blog and you know if mom were still here she would be recording all kinds of things in the family history. It would be great to get to see both of you sometime, maybe we can get to the states sometime in 2009 or if you are ever this way, just let me know. Take care. Karen

Blog Archive