Thursday, December 4, 2008

Did We Miss Something?

After a fun, but exhausting day of sight seeing, we started on our way to Broadway to see White Christmas. Polly was smart enough to scoop up tickets to this show when we made our hotel reservation - months ago. My brilliant sister managed to get 2 tickets 3rd row center!!!!! It seems that while we were running around yesterday gathering inspiration, the rest of the city got a memo about the Christmas Tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. We did not. Our cab got stuck in gridlock as many streets were closed to traffic. Pedestrians swarmed the city. Out we jumped and started to the theatre on foot. I do not know HOW we made it on time. A Christmas miracle for sure. As we ran up the aisle to our seats (we were the last people let into the theatre) the orchestra started. Hurrah! What a great show. The picture above was taken at intermission of the stage. I hate to tell you that we were so close that I couldn't get the whole thing in. As fans or the original movie I can tell you that this is so much better! And.... we got snowed on during the finale! Perfection.
This was the scene in Times Square as we walked back to the hotel. The tables and chairs are situated around the new Half Price Tickets booth. TaTa
Laurie & Polly

3 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh I loved White Christmas, we saw it in SF a couple of years ago. I loved the snow on the audience, the whole experience was wonderful.

Mary Anne Drury said...

WOW !! Looks like you had a GREAT TIME !!! I was just in NYC for an all girls weekend Nov 1st and 2nd ... it was a birthday trip compliments of my sister, sister in law and best friend .... we saw Mama Mia and had a BLAST !! I saw the signs for White Christmas and wished we could stay longer to see it .... that is my absolute FAVORITE Christmas movie ... in fact the "Sisters, sisters" song has been my sister's and my theme song for years .... and that weekend in NYC we made our entire gang belt out that tune while walking up and down Broadway ...

Anyhow, looks like you hit some great NYC spots that we missed ... I think the girls and I have to plan another girls only weekend in The Big Apple!

from little acorns said...

Oh. . . getting snowed on at the end of White Christmas. . . that would make it perfect! What fun you are having in NYC! xo, Bren

Blog Archive