Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Because

Because I don't have enough to do. HA!
Because Lorelei, who is here for Christmas, wanted to go to the yarn shop.
Because I couldn't resist the beautiful hand dyed teal Alpaca yarn.
Because Lorelei thought teaching me to knit would be fun.
Because I have always wanted to knit a sweater.

Well, we are driving to Virginia in 2 days and I don't have a quilt project that is in good "travel" stage. So.... why not.

Here was my first lesson. I casted on, knitted and purled, and it looked okay!
So now I will start knitting with my new lovely yarn. I really don't have any time to start a new fiber obsession, but I will knit this all the same. Here is Lorelei and I - a great teacher and her pupil.
Laurie

8 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

How cute are you guys knitting. Frankie is teaching me the gentle art of watching tv all day in your pj's. I needed a brush up. We're not as cute with our bed hair rumpled pjs. Merry Christmas! xo

Carrie P. said...

I don't knit or crochet but that yarn sure is pretty. It will be a great project to take on your trip.

from little acorns said...

Oh. . . who could blame you!. . . That yarn is beautiful. . . . (& I'm with you. . . having a 'needlework' project is a must for a trip!)
Have a Wonderful Christmas! xo, Bren (& Bailey!)

pdudgeon said...

yep, I definitely could not have resisted that yarn. knitting is fun to do and a great way to use up traveling time.

Mary said...

You will LOVE knitting! It's as great as quilting.

Carrie said...

Oh no... save yourself! Put the knitting needles down and give the yarn to that temptress Lorelei!

In fact, isn't that the name sailors gave to mermaids who lured/seduced them onto the rocks?

Actually, that yarn is quite wonderful and I look forward to seeing your sweater. Hopefully, you'll have a few more rows done on your sweater than I have on my socks/stocking. I haven't worked on mine much in the past couple of weeks but I am looking forward to getting back to it ~ it is a lot of fun, rather addictive, and definitely more portable than my old Bernina.

Merry Christmas to you and your family... and to Polly and her family too! And safe travels to Virginia!

Kathy said...

I have been so tempted to try my hand at socks. I've knitted about 150 dishcloths this past year...I'm afraid I will get so wrapped up in my NEW hobby, I will lose track of my knitting...oh...I just typed I knitted 150 of something...guess I'm already there, eh? OK...Guess I'd better get my sock yarn ready! Oh, Alpaca fiber is wonderful, by the way. I have a few items made from it...you will love it!

Kathy said...

I meant, lose track of my QUILTING...wow...I have to go and look at my shelves of fabric and get myself back to reality! But I would like to try socks...

Blog Archive