Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pillow Update


Here are a couple more pillows I made for the sofa in the family room. This is where I do most of my work, assuming it is handwork. Usually it is. The pillows were not. I still have 3 pillows to finish but they will have to wait. It seems that the local chain store (which shall remain NAMELESS!) is out of upholstery zippers and has been for 2 weeks. They also have no idea if, or when they will get them in. Online upholstery store to the rescue. I only visit the chain stores as a last resort and experiences like this are the reason why - that and the quality of the merchandise. We in the quilting world are so lucky to have so many wonderful fabric stores to patronize. Great one-of-a-kind stores that don't have to consult "corporate" to see if they can get some more zippers!! Oh well, enough theatrics. Next on my "to-do" list today is some design work and then tonight some stitching on the newly pillowed sofa while watching some good movies. Do you like my new wagon stitching caddy? (Well, it's new to me) It is filled with my sewing boxes and remote controls and audio books. What more can a person ask for? Hoping you will have a good day that includes some stitching.

Laurie

13 comments:

mamabug said...

Your pillows look great on the sofa. But the wagon is just perfect. What makes it so darn great is you can wheel it along with you wherever you may go in your home!!! I do feel very fortunate also to have our little quilt shops with the quality goods :) Good luck on the zippers. Kathie

Lindenhaus said...

What a perfect place to sit and stitch during those cold Michigan winter days!

PamKittyMorning said...

That look so cozy. I love the wagon station you have going on there. Wish we were sewing away over some good movies and possibly some candy.

lovetostitch said...

Great job on the pillows, Laurie!! Another gal here to sing the praises of unique quilt shops - I feel your pain, I've been looking for a looong zipper for garmet bag too!! The wagon is a perfect idea to keep all those necessities corraled and handy, and looks quite handsome in that room. Thanks for the peek around, too!

Carrie P. said...

I do like the wagon. I also like the quilts in the room too.

Cathi said...

My grandpa made a baby crib for my mother when she was a little girl. It even has wheels on it. I have been really thinking lately what I can do with it (just the practical side of me, I guess). Now I know! Thanks for your wonderful inspirations.
ps. first time commenting on your blog

lissa said...

what a womderful,PIECEful place. You can wheel that wagon where eve you want, huh? Do you wheel it off to the hockey games?

Tammy said...

OH they are lovely & I just love the wagon!

Carrie said...

I love the wagon!

And you shouldn't have mentioned movies because now I want to know what your favorites are!

suz said...

love your portable sewing caddy! what a great idea. the pillows are great.

Nancy in MT said...

The pillows are wonderful and what a neat idea with the wagon, don't think I could get it up the stairs and back down again tho. Looks great in your beautiful room.
Nancy

kjquilts said...

What a cute little wagon. Now if you decide to stitch somewhere else you can haul everything with you!

julieQ said...

I too am making pillows for our sofa. Yours look super comfee!