Saturday, November 29, 2008

Home Sewn

Are you familiar with Kaari Meng and her fantastic shop, website, blog, and book? Well, the book is pictured above. Polly and I came across at Quilt Market and immediately fell in love with it. It is filled with EASY projects that will adorn your home and make it look as fabulous as her store - French General (I wish!). There are lovely little projects that can be made quickly and will look chic and can pass for antique. Kaari is a designer, collector, and maven of all things French and vintage. The fabrics she designs with and stocks in her store are to die for. Lovely worn linens (real linen, people!) and hemp and Toiles and much, much, more. Her blog is The Warp and the Weft, and the French General's website is someplace you can get lost for an afternoon.

Here is a little something I whipped up with her fantastic directions in Home Sewn. I have graduated from pillows to ottoman slipcovers. Please don't scrutinize it too closely, as it grew a bit during construction. This was NOT the fault of the wonderful Home Sewn directions!

And.....more exciting than the slipcover..... Kaari will design for Moda next year under the French General's name!! I cannot wait to see this collection. There will be both fabrics and home products. We haven't met Kaari yet, but we know she must be as cool as her stuff.

Laurie

5 comments:

Lindenhaus said...

Your slipcover is lovely!

Kwiltsfl said...

Just the cover of the book takes your breath away! I would love to see her store and am glad to hear she will design for Moda.

Great slipcover!

Karen

PamKittyMorning said...

Really really love that slipcover. I have an ottoman and I have that book, but haven't gone through it yet. I got it from the Moda booth during the signing. I've been to French General and its wonderful, but rarely open. You just need to get out to CA, we could all meet up for adventures!

Kim said...

Oh that's FABULOUS news!!! I am a fan of Kaari's book and look and I will be waiting impatiently for her Moda line!!! YAY!!!! Two of my fav's together! That book is great...and your slipcover looks great!!!

Nancy in MT said...

Oh my, I visited her website, will have to check out her blog, her items are so beautiful, as beautiful as your slipcover. You did a great job, Nancy