Friday, November 21, 2008

Have Quilts, Will Travel


Last night I did a lecture/trunk show at the Plymouth Piecemakers Quilt Guild in Plymouth Michigan. There was very little lecture and more emphasis on the trunk show - which is how I like it. The more quilts I can show - the less I have to expound about myself. The Ladies and Gentlemen of Plymouth were warm, hospitable, and terrific quilters. Thanks again folks! I like to do trunk shows that are an easy drive. I can load up the SUV and show lots of quilts. This back of the Ford Escape was packed (and I only brought about half of what I have). As usual, most of the questions were about that magical, mystical place in Dallas called Moda Fabrics. Yes, it is as wonderful as you imagine it to be - even better! Polly and I are forever indebted to Moda, for no other reason than it is the ultimate ice breaker. Tell a room full of women that you design for Moda Fabrics and you are the belle of the ball. Thanks Moda. One of the questions I was asked last night is "Where do you store your quilts?" Well, it is now time to unpack and put them back into storage - which for me is the bed in the guest room. The quilts will be stacked "Princess and the Pea" style with over 100 quilts in the stack. So, if anyone has the idea of visiting here in Ann Arbor - a little prep time is required.

Laurie

2 comments:

Betweens said...

Laurie.. would love to be the princess in that bed! would love it if you can ever make it to Ontario Canada. If not an online show?? hope you had a great time teaching and showing off your quilts to fellow quilters is always a wonderful time

from little acorns said...

Oh. . . . ! I can just imagine all the lovelies inside those suitcases!
xo, Bren