Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Farmer's Market


Today I went to the local Farmer's Market. It is about a mile and a half away from our house and it is one of my favorite places in Ann Arbor. I found myself, unbelievably, ahead of schedule of quilt work and decided to do some cooking in the next couple of days. Here were some of the peppers and tomatoes that I bought.Bill loves zucchini bread, so that will be baked tomorrow. There are so many things I want to make. If my sewing proceeds well enough the next couple of days, maybe there is some marinara sauce in our future. Roma tomatoes are in and a maybe a bushel can be still available on Saturday. Bill is hoping for some apple pie also, but that is really pushing it.
Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
3 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots

Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, egg whites and vanilla into a large bowl. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cloves. Mix well and then add the apricots. Pour batter into a buttered bread pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.

Laurie

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I wish I had a farmers market close by. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the bread. That is the first one I have seen with apricots in it. Yum!

mamabug said...

Wow, the flowers at your farmer's market look wonderful!!! We have one on Tuesday afternoon through October and love to go. But right now I have to hold myself back because we need to eat what is coming out of our garden :) Your bread recipe looks great but would have to add nuts or DH wouldn't be happy. Congrats on being so caught up on your sewing. Happy cooking. Kathie

Angela Yosten said...

Oooh... yummy. That zucchini bread sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

PamKittyMorning said...

Hey, I'm baking zuchini bread right now.. but your recipe looks much tastier.

cnsa said...

Hi Laurie, A wonderful time of the year for the AA farmers market. It was one of Mom's favorite places to stop. My flowers for the birth of my first came from there since Mom took my husband there to pick them out. The bread recipe looks wonderful, lucky Bill!!!!

Blog Archive