Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Bathroom Re-Do


Hi
As Laurie said, she was waiting on a post - well it has taken much longer than I expected - sorry. We have done a face lift on one of our bathrooms, and it is finally finished. Now if I can post the photos, but not to worry, if I cannot, Laurie can. I am pretty good at coming up with the ideas - and that is where it ends for me - everyone else takes over. When we purchased here, this bath had gold everywhere and you know that is not me, so in trying to rid the bath of gold - we ended up with more plumbing work than you would think. Changed the shower door; added bead board, and this weekend Tom took over and painted for me. We just hung the rugs, and a few other goodies - I especially love the World War I poster! Take a look, so much fun when you think about it, when it is done - you are truly sick of it all. Now it is finished. So back to finishing my rug...

Polly

7 comments:

Lindenhaus said...

I'm going to file this one for inspiration. It looks terrific! Love the clean, white look and the beadboard. I've got a lot of gold in a bathroom that needs to go too.

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh I love this beautiful clean new bathroom. We did a little bathroom update this summer as well, nice and white, but sadly no sea of beadboard. Love how it turned out.

Tammy said...

It looks wonderful I love the beadboard...
Our pool bath has The Titanic Poster but I love yours!

Blessings 2 U

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Polly ~ love the new bath and most of all your rugs!!
Alice

lovetostitch said...

Looks super, and you did a super job of decorating!! Nice, bright and clean looking too! I will take this opportunity to say- I thoroughly devoured the article in Country Home magazine showcasing your home and some other rugs, which I really admired!! It's a keeper for me!

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Wow what a great job, it looks fabulous! Want to come to my house? lol
diane

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love your pretty bathroom! We are in the midst of doing ours, too. Still trying to find the perfect fixtures! Your Victory poster is awesome as are the other personal touches. Great job! Care to travel to California? I'll hire ya to finish mine!

Becky

Blog Archive