Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday?! Really?


Today is the anniversary of my birth. I have never been one to celebrate it much. Every year Bill asks me what I want and my answer is the same. I want a birthday cake and I don't want to bake it myself. I love cake. Calories be damned. Surprise, huh. When I was a kid I was always the baker in the family and it was up to me to bake the cakes and that included my own. So, when my turn rolls around now - what I want is one not fussed over by me. Bill has always obliged. Some years have been better than others. He has relied on local bakeries to help him out. This year, he found the best! My stepdaughter Lori was in town and she did the honors. She shopped, fussed, and baked. It was everything a birthday cake should be; homemade, yellow layer, chocolate frosting, delicious, and not baked by me! Thanks Lori! Laurie

9 comments:

Mar said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks perfect and so does the smile she has!

PamKittyMorning said...

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Happy Birthday! Yum..that looks wonderful :o)

Deb Silva said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake looks de-lish! I think they did a wonderful job!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Laurie.

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday & may your cup runneth over this next year!

What a wonderful daughter!

Blessings 2 U Friend

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Happy Birthday a day late!! The cake looks great and what a nice step-daughter to take such good care of you!!
Alice

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a sweetheart she is for making that yummy cake for you. Really nice. And have a very Happy Birthday!!

Nancy in MT said...

Oh my, Laurie, a Happy Belated Birthday to you, (the week got away from me) the cake had to be scrumptious, what fun, Nancy

Blog Archive