Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Everything in it's Place


I got a lovely surprise yesterday. This "Professional Tote" is made with our "Winter" fabric line. The Professional Tote is a Creative Thimble pattern. It's wonderful! I can't wait to put it to use as a carry-on for my next flight. This is a gift from my friend Leigh Ann. Lake St. Mercantile - Quilting
Meet the Staff:(standing, from left) Laurie Simpson, Kari Smith-Ruedisale, Judy King, Candy Stephens, Ann Carey, and Cindy Jones (owner); (sitting, from left)Leigh Ann Prange, Joyce Cushing, Dianne Klamik, Diane Otto, and Jill Muha. This is the staff of Lake Street Mercantile in South Lyon, Michigan - a Top 10 Quilt shop in the 2008 Summer issue of Quilt Sampler.

Leigh Ann is a sewing GENIUS. She has helped Polly and I out many times with her skill and speed getting things ready for photo shoots and Quilt Market. Who else can you hand over a stack of fabric to, a shaky sketch on graph paper, and the message "I need it in 3 days" and magically it is done - and done to perfection! By the way - this tote makes a wonderful diaper bag (for all of you expectant mom's or grandma's out there) . I am feeling very "well taken care of" today. I hope you are too.

Laurie

7 comments:

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Well I just love that bag! Is there a pattern? Would love to make one myself! Great pic of the ladies in your shop---wish you weren't so far away from me, I'd love to come see it and all of you!
Diane

Minick and Simpson said...

Diane

Yes, it's a pattern. The designer name or company name is "The Creative Thimble". The pattern name is the Professional Tote. I tried to find a picture online of the pattern cover, but the ones I found were copyrighted. Do an online search or give Lake Street Mercantile a call at 248-486-4410. Thanks.

Laurie

julia said...

Oh, the bag is just gorgeous! If I weren't too afraid of sewing bags with zippers I would try to make my own bag ;o)
Thanks for showing the great staff picture...I'd love to visit some day...if the big pond wouldn't be between us, it would be rather sooner than later

Silver Thimble Talk said...

I am a MAJOR FAN of Minick and Simpson...I read your blog REGULARLY. Thank you so much for your beautiful fabrics! I particularly loved the Prarie Paisley..it may be my favorite line EVER..WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU. Will you be at Fall Market?? I promise NOT to stalk you!

The tote bag is wonderful, what a nice gift.
Pat

Carrie P. said...

What a nice surprise!!

Carrie P. said...

Dear Laurie and Polly,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for the prize. It really made my day. The morning was not the best for me but when I got the mail with the nice surprise it brightened up the rest of the day. I really appreciate the prize.
Say hello to Annie for me.

lovetostitch said...

Great pic of a great bag from a great friend, and great pic of staff. Love reading the blog, makes me feel connected to a fabric designers who makes me feel like they have "me" in mind. Thanks!!!!

Blog Archive